A Conversation for The h2g2 Traveller: I Want to Hang My Bicycle

This looks like ...

Post 1

Willem

A students' prank. When I was a student we carried a lecturer's car up several flights of stairs in one of the men's hostels and then left it there.


This looks like ...

Post 2

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit always glad to see his own bicycle were left
"It is just a free and safe parking spot, nobody else will wreck your bike or take it for a ride. (climb up between the lantern and the advertisement pillar, from the top of the pillar you can grab the bicycle. . .)"


This looks like ...

Post 3

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - rofl In my school, the seniors took a cow up the stairs and left it there, where it mooed disconsolately outside the German classroom...


This looks like ...

Post 4

ITIWBS

In army life, troops returning from overseas deployments would get a new issue of uniform supplies.

One would frequently, thereafter, see old pairs of combat boots with their laces tied together hanging from power lines.


This looks like ...

Post 5

Milla, h2g2 Operations

Once when I was out with my scout troop there was a vw bug poorly parked so a bunch of us lifted it up and moved it a few metres away. I still hope they didn't mind.

I'm innocent about this bike though.

smiley - towel


This looks like ...

Post 6

Rev Nick - dead man walking (mostly)

Simple pranks are fun. As a young military chap, it was common in Kingston to lift a small car out of its parking spot - turn it around - and put it back ... facing the wrong way.


This looks like ...

Post 7

Florida Sailor All is well with the world

Sorry Milla, I was already to post this before I read yours.

When I was in the Sea Scouts we had a very large awards ceremony. One of the most unpopular adult leaders drove a white VW bug. At some point in the evening a few of us decided it would be funny to pick it up by the four corners and turn it sideways in the parking spot, blocking any hope of moving it until the other cars left.

How were we to know that the Priest who came to give the invocation drove an identical vehicle?

smiley - facepalm

F smiley - dolphin S


This looks like ...

Post 8

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - snork Naughty.


This looks like ...

Post 9

Milla, h2g2 Operations

smiley - laugh
Oops!

smiley - towel


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for The h2g2 Traveller: I Want to Hang My Bicycle

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more