The h2g2 Post 27.07.15

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 27th July 2015

The Amalgamated Union of Philosophers, Sages, Luminaries and Other Professional Thinking Persons

A seer with a really cool turban. See this fellow? He has his thinking cap on. He's thinking, you see, about what's in this week's issue of the Post. Which is a lot, so we're glad he's got that nice, soft turban on. Might keep his head from overheating. That's how much really hot Stuff we've got for you to enjoy this week. And it will definitely all be food for thought.

Take Willem: he's not only got us another beautiful crane, but he has a fascinating story about this week's plant, the porkbush. Why it's called that, and what it has to do with the elephants…well, you'll just have to read. We're rooting for those elephants.

Awix is back with a movie, about some musician or other…

MVP has a very funny and quite singable poem about Tories, which you might spread around.

FWR has a hair-raising poem about his killer moggy.

Galaxy Babe has a stellar article, as always.

The 42 Words crew have done it again, that's all we'll say.

And we have opportunities to better ourselves:

Thanks to the Freedom of Information Act, we now know how to practice staring at goats.

Thanks to me, you all can acquire Improving Knowledge about ancient art, alien hobbies, and the like.

Thanks to the late, great Kate Chopin1, feminists have a new Talking Point.

Thanks to Florida Sailor, we will know now what time it is when we're aboard ship.

See how good we are to you? Do you have the urge to repay our kindness? (We are grateful that neither letter bombs nor flung flan will get through the Post's spam filter.) Simple!
Write something yourself. Or draw. Or photograph, Or…make us an offer. Contributions to the h2g2 Post do get through the spam filter, and are read, cherished, and published in a future, high-type, top-drawer issue of this august periodical.

Now go away and read, while I practice staring at the ground hog in the backyard. He's the nearest thing I've got to a goat…

Have a good week!


Dmitri Gheorgheni

TALES FROM THE SPEKBOOMVELD
  • Blue Crane  by Willem.
  • Porkbush by Willem.


EVERYDAY CHALLENGES

EVERYDAY HORRORS

  • Lady seated, with book.
  • Utterly relaxed cat with TV remote.

THE INSIDE DOPE

OUTSIDE INFORMATION
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


1No, she was not a backup singer for Debbie Harry. Quiet in the back.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87855736

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more