A Conversation for Feedback: Pliny Bugs

BR - the My Conversations page

Post 1

Gnomon - time to move on

a) In Windows 7 / Internet Explorer 9, the colour scheme doesn't work. The top half of the window is dark blue, and the bottom half is white. Conversations which have been read appear in black text which in the top half is unreadable against the dark blue. Conversations which are unread appear in pink text (#F0C3C0) which is nearly unreadable on the white background of the bottom half.

b) In Windows 7 / Firefox, the window is more presentable. The unread conversations are marked in pink on a purple (#9F6A52 )background - unpleasant but readable. The read conversations, on the other hand have either a white or a grey background, depending on whether they are in the top or bottom half of the screen, and this can be confusing, particularly if the part of the background where the grey fades to white is covered up by unread conversations. In this case it looks like three different types of conversation - purple, grey and white. It would be better if the background was the same colour the whole way down the page.

c) In Windows 7 / both Firefox and IE9, conversations with an m-dash in the subject display the m-dash as a sequence of three characters - a with circumflex, euro symbol and opening curly double-quote. This may apply to other extended characters in the subject as well.


BR - the My Conversations page

Post 2

Pastey

We're aware of this issue.


BR - the My Conversations page

Post 3

Gnomon - time to move on

Oh, that looks so much better! Thanks.smiley - smiley


BR - the My Conversations page

Post 4

Pastey

We've been trying a few different styles/formats for it. It's only really with solid use that we can get these tweaks in.

(I find the menu bar at the top helps smiley - winkeye)


BR - the My Conversations page

Post 5

Baron Grim

Hmmm...

This is curious. On my android tablet using the Chrome browser, I can't resize that page now. It's displaying just slightly larger than my screen; I can slide it just a little side to side. But I can't zoom in which makes it easier to tap on links.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more