A Conversation for h2g2's NaJoPoMo 2011

NaJoPoMo End of November Party.

Post 41

Effers;England.


It's been excellent.

I had a few ups and downs here in all kinds of funny ways. Tried some new stuff out..by accident or design...and got to know some people on h2g2 I didn't before.

My journal writing will carry on as something to be experimental with..and hopefully feed into other areas.

I'm going to get involved with the Alternative Writing Workshop now...which Lanza told me about.

http://h2g2.com/dna/h2g2/brunel/Writing-Alternative

Writing has been a life saver for me all my life..as well as something to play with.

Hope to see some of you guys around more in the future on h2g2 for writing.


NaJoPoMo End of November Party.

Post 42

Metal Chicken

*Strolls in looking a bit dazed and drained but absolutely marvellous in elegant little black number.

Last one done. Can I have a smiley - cider now please..?

MC


NaJoPoMo End of November Party.

Post 43

Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

*passes a smiley - cider to MC*

smiley - oj this party is quite good so far!
wonder how long we can keep it going?


NaJoPoMo End of November Party.

Post 44

Effers;England.


Careful, I added a sneaky few shots of vodka to that cider..

What's smiley - oj like without vodka?


NaJoPoMo End of November Party.

Post 45

Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

refreshing not too sweet nor bitter
I like it with bits in but it's good without too


NaJoPoMo End of November Party.

Post 46

Effers;England.


I always have it with bits in. And won't drink that re-constituted stuff anymore now I got the taste for freshly squeezed.

And I like mine tangy...Seville oranges are the very best for that...as a special fussy once a year treat I make at home.

But Sainsbury's now do some good stuff.

(And I jest. Yes it's a great to drink on its own as well...as is Stolichnya...if its been in the freezer for at least a couple of hours).


NaJoPoMo End of November Party.

Post 47

Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

for a refreshing drink in the summer I fill a jug with water and add a sliced up unwaxed lemon then leave it over night in the fridge


NaJoPoMo End of November Party.

Post 48

Effers;England.


My favourite summer drink is Ayran.

It's a Turkish drink.

Yoghurt (I choose a fairly creamy one); sparkling mineral water, I always much prefer Perrier; and fair sprinkling of salt.

I visited Turkey many years ago, and you get men walking around with great silver coloured things on their backs full of Ayran to sell. It's gorgeous in the heat and a brilliant hangover cure.


NaJoPoMo End of November Party.

Post 49

Z

What a day! I presented at a scientific conference for the first time, got a great reception, and completed NaJoPoMo.

It's been great, everyone was really interested in my work, both NaJoPoMo and science and no one at the conference asked how my median number of days could have a decimal point in (answer it's the median number of hours divided by 24).

I've really enjoyed meeting lots of new people, and getting an insight into their lives.

I'm really glad that other people enjoy it, and are thinking of keeping it up. I'm definately going to continue to post.


NaJoPoMo End of November Party.

Post 50

Pastey

Evening, somebody order some drinks? I've got a delivery of D'arcys Pride from the Austin Brewery, Elementary Ale from Doyles and Mad Hatter from L.Carroll &.Family.

I've also picked up some Laurie Lee Cider for those of that persuasion.

Enjoy!

smiley - rose


NaJoPoMo End of November Party.

Post 51

Sol

Oh my, Wolfgang, your champagne cake! That looks splendid, and just enough to go round!

*Sol waves over some servitors, who start cutting and handing round the cake*

And Pastey, Laurie Lee cider! That's the best. Although I think I'll have some D'Arcy's Pride to start with.


NaJoPoMo End of November Party.

Post 52

HonestIago

*grabs the rum*

*grabs a chair*

*grabs 2legs*

Right that's me done for the month


NaJoPoMo End of November Party.

Post 53

benjaminpmoore

*wakes up*
Wuh?
*Goes back to sleep*


NaJoPoMo End of November Party.

Post 54

Agapanthus

*Is wheeled in on a purple satin ottoman (with cunning little wheels on each leg, of course) by two very handsome, very tall, very muscled, very GLEAMING young men who seem to have forgotten to put shirts on. Ag herself is wearing pink satin pyjamas, purple fluffy mules, and a cream satin dressing-gown, and forgets her invalid status completely on seeing the band, leaps up and starts dancing wildly across the room, snagging a smiley - bubbly and a slice of cake on the way*


NaJoPoMo End of November Party.

Post 55

Sol

*Jumps up on a chair and sways a bit*

This has been quite an astonithininging... an astonoshssoing... a really exciting month.

I've enjoyed so much reading everybody's posts. I'm so impressed how few placeholders there were. I'm so impressed by the writing, and the thought that went into it.

So without further ado, I give you: the NaJoPoMoers. Especially the ones who did the full 30 days.

*Sol necks the glass of vodka she has brought with her, chomps on the salt cucumber and falls off the chair*

*At that very same moment, the balloon net lets go of it's cargo and the room is swamped by large balloons which say 'h2g2' and 'NaJoPoMo 2011' and 'Well done!!!!' on them.


NaJoPoMo End of November Party.

Post 56

Agapanthus

*Cheers loudly*

*Scrambles onto the chair Solnushka has just fallen off of*

I think we should all toast Sol, for setting up Create, and encouraging the NaJoPoMo thing in the first place!

*Swigs rest of smiley - bubbly and jumps down*

And now I want one of them vodka shots with pickled gherkin.


NaJoPoMo End of November Party.

Post 57

Sol

*From the floor*

I like your young men.


NaJoPoMo End of November Party.

Post 58

Metal Chicken

*Refills cider glass from fresh flagon of Laurie Lee's and raises glass for the toasts

Good stuff this smiley - cider

*Trips over Sol while attempting to dance and drink at the same time

Hic! I think I may be slightly smiley - drunk

*Discards shoes and hops off to chase balloons


NaJoPoMo End of November Party.

Post 59

Agapanthus

*Sends the young men over to pick Sol up, should she care to be picked up, and arrange her on the ottoman with another vodka shot*

They're good, aren't they? Better than the usual run of minion. More ornamental, certainly. I have a worried feeling they will turn into hamsters at the stroke of midnight, though.

*Attempst the vodka-and-gherkin thing and coughs hysterically for some minutes*

Can't do spirits. Pathetic of me, I know. Sorry. Is there any smiley - redwine?


NaJoPoMo End of November Party.

Post 60

Sol

*Waves at the Barman from the comfort of the ottoman* My minion can get you some.

*The band becomes very tight hot panted and heavily made up or tie died and beaded, depending on your preference.*


Key: Complain about this post