A Conversation for h2g2's NaJoPoMo 2011

NaJoPoMo End of November Party.

Post 1

Create: endeavours in reading, writing, rhythm, blues, art, photography, and biscuits.

*Someone appears to have put quite a lot of bunting up. There may also be the odd bit of tinsel. There is a large net full of balloons winched up somewhere near the ceiling and a furled banner across the head of the stage.

A drum kit stands on the stage in between two enourmous amps and if you listen carefully you can hear the twanging of instruments being warmed up and tuned.

People are scurrying about the tables set up at the back of the room, which look as though fairly soon they will be graoning with food and a Barman is polishing the glasses in a well-stocked bar area.

Looks like there's going to be a party.*


NaJoPoMo End of November Party.

Post 2

hellboundforjoy

Yay! Party down! smiley - diva


NaJoPoMo End of November Party.

Post 3

Sol

Nearly there! Or are you there already, hellbound? Time zones confuse me. No, surely not, you can't be that far ahead. Eeek!

*Starts emergency chilling the champagne*


NaJoPoMo End of November Party.

Post 4

hellboundforjoy

Oops, I may have arrived unfashionably early. smiley - erm No, I came to help set up! That's it.


NaJoPoMo End of November Party.

Post 5

Sol

No, no. Not early at all. The idea is to sneak cheese straws before anyone else arrives.

I was just having a small existential crisis because I saw you and I thought 'time zones' and hoped that I had got in there before anyone was even close to the 30th.

Personally, I reckon we are well into the congratulatory zone already.

Cheese straw?


NaJoPoMo End of November Party.

Post 6

hellboundforjoy

Of course, thank you.


NaJoPoMo End of November Party.

Post 7

Sol

I'm so excited for everybody! smiley - magic

Do you do vodka? Because now is as good a time as any to start teaching people how to do shots properly.


NaJoPoMo End of November Party.

Post 8

Vicki Virago - Proud Mother

Ooooh...whos got vodka?! smiley - bigeyes


NaJoPoMo End of November Party.

Post 9

minichessemouse - Ahoy there me barnacle!

I will have some blue alcopops, they have vodka in Right?

Or Jagerbombs, I can drink those Right?

Would help if I had posted a jornal for Today.

minismiley - mouse


NaJoPoMo End of November Party.

Post 10

Sol

*Drags helbound and Vicki over to the bar where the Barman has set up a row of small, full, vodka glasses and what looks to be a mound of gherkins*

OK, so you takes the vodka glass, you clicks the glass with someone else, you downs the vodka in one (yes, you do), you eats the salt cucumber and you absolutely does _not_ throw the glass at the fireplace.


NaJoPoMo End of November Party.

Post 11

Sol

*Calls from the bar*

No alcohol for the Mouse until she has posted her journal!


NaJoPoMo End of November Party.

Post 12

Vicki Virago - Proud Mother

smiley - erm shouldn't it be tequila you do that with? I do a mean tequila shot! smiley - evilgrin


NaJoPoMo End of November Party.

Post 13

Sol

Well, I believe with tequila, you do not need the actual gherkin.

*The Barman, not looking at Sol _at all_ replaces Vicki's vodka with tequila and puts a small salt cellar on the bar.*

Budeem zdarovye!


NaJoPoMo End of November Party.

Post 14

minichessemouse - Ahoy there me barnacle!

I've posted my Journal smiley - biggrin

minismiley - mouse


NaJoPoMo End of November Party.

Post 15

Sol

*The barman hands over a Jagerbomb*

Is that smoking slightly? It won't eat through the bar will it? I'd liek to get the deposit back.

#showingyourage


NaJoPoMo End of November Party.

Post 16

benjaminpmoore

Can I have a rum please? I'm not much of a vodka drinker.


NaJoPoMo End of November Party.

Post 17

Sol

*Rum is served*

What does one eat while drinking rum? Raisins?


NaJoPoMo End of November Party.

Post 18

benjaminpmoore

Um.... whatever you want. I'm not really a shot drinking specialist, I tend to have it as a mixer.


NaJoPoMo End of November Party.

Post 19

Sol

*grins* It's probably best if you interact with the Barman independently. My bartending days are clearly well behind me and I'm pretty sure he was extracting the Michael with that Jagerbomb. I doubt if it is supposed to be dissolving the beermat like that.



NaJoPoMo End of November Party.

Post 20

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

can those of us, who didn't even make it successfuly past the first week come in... we could sit in awe in the glow of those who managed to do the entire month of journals smiley - envysmiley - dohsmiley - stiffdrink oo someone say there were baloons? smiley - whistle


Key: Complain about this post