A Conversation for NaNoWriMo 2011

The writing process.

Post 1

Create: endeavours in reading, writing, rhythm, blues, art, photography, and biscuits.

Do you aim for a target each day or just let it come? Are you experimenting with different styles or genres? Do you play games with your writing to keep yourself going?

Please feel free to discuss the writing process here.


The writing process.

Post 2

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

This year, I am NOT* going to do what Idid last year.
Its only*1666 or above words a day to reach the target; last year Imissed days, many days, and did many days of 8 or 9 thousand words, and then, towards the end even turned in one day which Ithink was over 10000 words; I was that*far behind.
I've had an idea, it might not be a good idea, it might be a fabulus idea, this year, even though I wasn't planning on doing it, I'm goign to aim for 2000 words a day, and make each day's writing a 'chapter', and in itself, a fairly self-contained storey, as part of the larger entire storey.
err, Kind of like making each days' writing, a (very) short storey; of course, some days will by the nature of doing it this way, need to be over the 2000 word count, and some may fall under; also, Ihope by aiming to write more than the minamum each day; often a lot more (initially), I'll have a few days, towards the middle and end of the month where Ican miss days and still be on target or ahead.
I found last year, it was just utter utter 'have to get the words up', attitude, in basically the last week or so, which wrote the err, what Ishall laughingly call 'novel'.
This year, my other main target is not to feature a single 'sex scene', last year, whenever I hit a point where Ididn't know what the characters or plot was going to do next, I basically just stuck in a meaningless sex scene, whcih I then had to try and vaguely tie into the general plot smiley - snorksmiley - blush
Just concentrating on the words and the word count is the only way I can do it really... I think smiley - doh BoB-knows why I'm doing it this year, I'm away for at least a quarter of November, and busy with other thigns the rest of the time... so it might be fun smiley - snorksmiley - runsmiley - biro Now, must go find one of these plot things, last year Ididn't plan a thing... smiley - run


The writing process.

Post 3

J'au-æmne

I did it for the first time last year, and I think I won because I stayed ahead of the word count the whole way. I think if I fall behind I'll get discouraged, so I'm going to try to stay ahead this year too.


The writing process.

Post 4

Mystic Musician

A group of us friends in Cornwall are taking part this year. This is the first time for all of us, so any recommendations would be very welcome!


The writing process.

Post 5

Create: endeavours in reading, writing, rhythm, blues, art, photography, and biscuits.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained 2legs, but that sounds horribly sensible as a plan. Who will you blame if it goes wrong though?

Congrats on a successful completion, J'au-æmne! I am deeply impressed. One year... Is this going to be a sequel or a new theme altogether?

Good luck, Mystic Musician! We actually do have some recommedations already, from some other previous h2g2 WriMos: A87709206 I suspect that the advice about keeping ahead of the wordcount is pretty key though!

It must be fun doing it with friends. Wait! We (*cough* you *cough*0 are!

I forgot to make a sign up thread. There's one now! A87709206


The writing process.

Post 6

Create: endeavours in reading, writing, rhythm, blues, art, photography, and biscuits.

Oh blast. Here's the sign up thread: F22114804?thread=8282986


The writing process.

Post 7

J'au-æmne

It's going to be a new story. I'm trying to do some planning this week but I'm sort of failing. smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post