h2g2 Post 23.01.03

1 Conversation


Posted: 23rdJanuary 2003

Editorial

Packing once more...

The latest h2g2 Official Meet is about to occur as various assorted hootooers hit the streets of London - hopefully not with their heads after one beer too many! I shall be amongst that happy crowd, staying at my favourite hotel with quite a few others. So, my washing isn't done, my bags are not packed and I still need to find that map of London I know I have lying about somewhere.

Every Meet increases in size - the logistics for the Towers Team must be some kind of nightmare! I have a few new-to-The Post writers to meet and a lot of old friends. Counted within that latter group is spimcoot - he of 'Paper Cuts' - who returns this week with a new series called simply 'Eustace'. I must say it is very gratifying to have so many talented people drawing and writing for us. The Hall of Fame just grows and grows - as do the archives.

Today is election day here in Holland and my other 'alf is glued to the results as I type, with 98% of the results already revealed. It appears that the CDA (Christian Democratic Appeal) are leading, having increased their seats by one so far. Coming in a close second are the PvdA (Partij van de Arbeid) - led by the ladies choice Wouter Bos - up 19 seats, with VVD (Vereniging voor Vrijheid en Democratie) up 4 seats but 16 behind the leaders. The biggest losers are the LPF (Lijst Pim Fortuyn) who swept to being the second largest party after the murder or their leader last year, but have lost 18 seats in this election. So, once again, there will be a lot of discussion between the parties as to coalition deals. With a turnout of 81% it is apparent to me that the Dutch take their voting far more seriously then the UK!

Shazzpr


 
 
FeaturesRegulars
  • The Post
    Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A870347

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more