National Cycle Route 23 - Project Page

1 Conversation

National Cycle Route 23: Part 1 - Introduction | National Cycle Route 23: Part 2 - Sandown to East Cowes, Isle of Wight |National Cycle Route 23: Part 3 - Southampton to Eastleigh, Hampshire | National Cycle Route 23: Part 4 - Eastleigh to Alresford, Hampshire via Winchester | National Cycle Route 23: Part 5 - Alresford to Basingstoke, Hampshire | National Cycle Route 23: Part 6 - Basingstoke, Hampshire to Reading, Berkshire
A shield depicting a football, some DIY equipment and some cutlery.
  • Project Name: National Cycle Route 23
  • Field Researcher:  Bluebottle
  • Assisted By:  The Fish
  • Faculty: Faculty Of Sport and Leisure
  • Start Date: August 2011
  • End Date: May 2012
  • Assisting Sub-editor:  Gnomon

Articles In The Project

Conversations And Related Articles:

Back-Up Copies

As the author I plan to make a copy of the entire project for their own safe-keeping. This is because it is the project pages themselves that are subbed (not copies, as is the case for Edited Entries), so in the unlikely event of the Sub accidentally deleting a page, I have a back-up.

The Story Behind The Article

In 1980 Bluebottle was born in St Mary's Hospital, Newport, Isle of Wight. He lived in Cowes, Isle of Wight for over a year before moving to Sandown. Whilst living in Sandown he met The Fish, who while 5 years old was on holiday in Sandown, taking a break from living in Reading.

After a couple of decades in Sandown, Bluebottle went to University in Southampton, and1 after getting his degree lived in East Cowes on the Island before moving to Southampton in Hampshire, and from there to Eastleigh.

National Cycle Route 23 links all these towns - from Sandown to Newport, Cowes, East Cowes, Southampton, Eastleigh and on to Reading. Therefore Bluebottle could not resist cycling this, and who better to accompany him on this journey than The Fish, who once worked in a Reading bike shop?

Bluebottle also commutes 8 miles between Eastleigh and Southampton along National Cycle Route 23 each day.

We completed this route in two bike rides. The first one was from Eastleigh to Sandown and back on a warm day in Summer 2011. We then cycled direct from Eastleigh to Reading in Spring 2012, when it rained non-stop, and The Fish ended up quite ill afterwards.

Previous Bluebottle & The Fish Co-Written Articles

Previous Project Experience

Here is a list of Bluebottle's previous University projects:

  1. Piers Of The Isle of Wight, UK
  2. Anglo-Saxon Isle of Wight
  3. Dinosaurs of The Isle of Wight
  4. Isle Of Wight Shipwrecks
  5. Isle of Wight Radar During The Second World War - Part of Project: Radar.
  6. Halloween: Being The Adventures Of Michael Myers
  7. Yorkshire's Castles
  8. The American Beatles Albums: Project Page
  9. Beatles Biopics - Project Page
  10. Asterix Project Page
  11. Walking The Isle of Wight Coastal Path: Project Page
  12. Fortifications Of The Isle of Wight - Project Page

Was that any help whatsover? Am I trying to show off? Or wanted to list them all generally somewhere and thought that this was as good a place as any? You decide!

National Cycle Route 23: Part 1 - Introduction
1After a short, irrelevant break in Leeds.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A86725182

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more