Walking The Isle of Wight Coastal Path - Project Page

1 Conversation

A shield depicting a football, some DIY equipment and some cutlery.
  • Project Name: Walking The Isle of Wight Coastal Path
  • Field Researcher:Bluebottle
  • Faculty: Faculty of Sport & Lifestyle
  • Start Date: December 2010
  • End Date: December 2010
  • Assisting Sub-editor:Tufty
Walking The Isle Of Wight Coastal Path - Single Article Version

Conversations:

Back-Up Copies

As the author I have made a copy of the entire project for their own safe-keeping. This is because it is the project pages themselves that are subbed (not copies, as is the case for Edited Entries), so in the unlikely event of the Sub accidentally deleting a page, I have a back-up.

The Story Behind The Article

Back in 2007 CunningPlan started work on an article about the Isle of Wight Coastal Path. Three years later, having walked the Isle of Wight Coastal Path for charity, I decided to write about the Coastal Path. However I then discovered that CunningPlan's article had never been finished and that CunningPlan himself had apparently Elvised.

I left a message asking him in August if he'd mind if I finished writing what he started, waited over 2 months for him to get back to me, and as he didn't, I wrote my own version, which I suppose counts as a scavenge.

I wished originally to co-credit CunningPlan, although in the end I made more changes to what he had written than I had originally intended - in pulling a thread of what he had written here and there, a lot of what he had written unravelled. Still he had put a lot of effort into writing what he did, so deserves some recognition for that.

(I could, of course, ignore his article completely and write an entirely my own article about the Isle of Wight Coastal Path. This, though, seems to be a shame as the author then wouldn't get the credit he deserves. And there would be a degree of overlap in any case - there are only a limited number of ways to write 'walk from Sandown to Shanklin along the coast' after all. I would much rather he receives some of the credit he deserves.)

I wrote the article, Walking The Isle Of Wight Coastal Path, and submitted it to Peer Review. However the comments there suggested splitting the article into sections, hence this project.

Previous Project Experience

Here is a list of my previous University projects:

  1. Piers Of The Isle of Wight, UK
  2. Anglo-Saxon Isle of Wight
  3. Dinosaurs of The Isle of Wight
  4. Isle Of Wight Shipwrecks
  5. Isle of Wight Radar During The Second World War - Part of Project: Radar.
  6. Halloween: Being The Adventures Of Michael Myers
  7. Yorkshire's Castles
  8. The American Beatles Albums
  9. - The American Beatles Albums: Project Page
  10. Beatles Biopics - Coming Soon! Beatles Biopics - Project Page
  11. The Animated Asterix Films
  12. - Coming Soon! Asterix Project Page

Was that any help whatsover? Am I trying to show off? Or wanted to list them all generally somewhere and thought that this was as good a place as any? You decide!


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A77671920

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


References

h2g2 Entries

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more