A Conversation for Community Volunteers - Discussion Page

Community Volunteers - House Rules

Post 141

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

That is the crux of the matter, ie whether a post is deliberately being offensive or not.


Community Volunteers - House Rules

Post 142

Effers;England.


For me the crux of the matter is how you define 'offensive'. I've hardly know what the term means.

I like being challenged by something that might needle me a bit...not in a really nasty way but in a playful creative way.

My main concern is the more serious discussion threads which I often enjoy taking part in. They can be utterly bleeped by temporary modding.

Whatever though we'll all have to live with a bit of compromise. That's life.

(Time to take a breather for me though smiley - biggrin).


Community Volunteers - House Rules

Post 143

Baron Grim

Oooh!

Before I forget (and feel free to carry this point into any subsequent conversations concerning methodology of moderation), if a post is yikesed or removed the email one gets suggests editing it so that it meets the standards, but there isn't a method for doing so. Obviously that text may have been written with entries in mind rather than conversations. I would really appreciate a method for editing removed posts. I hate reading conversations and coming across them. It piques my curiosity no end and interrupts the flow of the convo.

Also, while I understand the utility of the preview button, if we're going to do any recoding of the site, then I'd like to suggest (again) that we allow a limited time [Edit Post] option, say 2-5 minutes. Everyone knows the frustration of hitting Post Message and instantly seeing typos jump out of the text at you. You really DO know the difference between their, there and they're. You really didn't mean to type "smiley - winekey".


Community Volunteers - House Rules

Post 144

Rev Nick - dead man walking (mostly)

I happen to quite like smiley - winekey and hope to see it evolve into a proper smiley - smiley one day ...


Community Volunteers - House Rules

Post 145

Baron Grim

Well, good... So what if you accidentally typed winkeye? Wouldn't you appreciate an opportunity to fix it?


Community Volunteers - House Rules

Post 146

Icy North



But your point was *entirely* to do with methodology of moderation smiley - smiley

I wouldn't amend the house rules for any of the reasons you raised - would you?


Community Volunteers - House Rules

Post 147

Gnomon - time to move on

I think the possibility of having a limited time "edit my post" facility has been discussed elsewhere and most people are against it.


Community Volunteers - House Rules

Post 148

Icy North

I've added CZ's points to the moderation style thread here: F21551820?thread=8251028&post=109678864#p109678864

Let's keep this one for the House Rules, if that's OK smiley - smiley


Community Volunteers - House Rules

Post 149

Baron Grim

Of course, you'd be against an edit option, Gnomon. Your posts are always immaculate. smiley - winkeye


Community Volunteers - House Rules

Post 150

Gnomon - time to move on

I think I suggested it, and it was shot down by others.


Key: Complain about this post