A Conversation for For Want of a Drink

Tee hee

Post 1

Vip

For those that were wondering, an 'optic' is the name of a dispenser that is plugged to to the top of a spirit bottle, allowing, at the press of a lever, to dispense exactly the right measure of liquid.

It's called an 'optic' because the measured amount of liquid is held in a clear bubble so you can see what you are getting (or if the bubble hasn't filled properly it indicates an empty bottle).

smiley - popcorn

Perhaps I wouldn't have gone quite so far as to refusing the second, correct order, but I also share your massive distaste for people putting crap in my drink. It's annoying, changes the tast, and gets in the way.
I also get annoyed with people putting so much ice in a soft drink that you only get two gulps out of a tall glass. smiley - cross If I specify 'without ice', it's because of the times I have paid £2.50 for approximately 50ml of coca-cola.

smiley - fairy


Tee hee

Post 2

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - eureka Thank you for that enlightening explanation. I learn so much from h2g2...smiley - rofl

Truth in advertising, people...if a person wants a drink, don't give him a fruit salad. smiley - winkeye


Tee hee

Post 3

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

(apart from having to paying a water billsmiley - winkeye)
you can't beat corporation "pop" (USAsmiley - biggrinsoda pop)Northern slang for tap watersmiley - laugh


Tee hee

Post 4

Moonhogg - Captain Coffee Break

Next concern is what exactly is *in* the ice...

Environmental Health Inspectors used our lab to test ice samples a couple of years ago, taken from a number of pubs, including one on a ferry. An alarming number showed quite high levels of bacteria, especially pseudomonas, mostly traced back to the ice-making machines in the bars which hadn't been cleaned correctly...


Tee hee

Post 5

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

I'm glad I only have my smiley - snowballice cubes in alcohol thensmiley - laugh


Tee hee

Post 6

Elektragheorgheni -Please read 'The Post'

It makes me want to take my liquor neat - I suppose if you drink the hard stuff it should kill the beasties, but those juice cocktail provide them with too much sugar to kill them off.smiley - laugh


Tee hee

Post 7

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

one of my philosophy's is:-
when you see a cowboy film on tv, if the good guy get shot, either bullet or arrow. First they pour whisky on the wound, then knife followed by a drink. All to kill germssmiley - okSO! if I drink enough nowsmiley - magicif I ever get shot (bullet/arrow)in the futuresmiley - sadfaceI've already built a defence up against the germssmiley - cooleh!


Key: Complain about this post