The h2g2 Post 31.01.11

1 Conversation

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 31st January 2011

Noh2g2

Last week I was optimistic that I'd learn to work with/in barlesque. That was before we were told that h2g2 is doomed – at least as far as the BBC is concerned. Now, I can't be bothered to post in the new skin. The still more-often-than-not blocked posts are a nuisance, so why would I waste my precious time with it? This editorial (and the whole Post Front Page) have been edited in the new skin, though, in attempt to find out what it needs to make it look good. Currently, it looks rubbish to me, but I hope that either the guide ml will work again, or I'll find a way around it. Well, it seems if there is nothing between the paragraph tags in the editorial it affects the position of the post icons above. Go figure! And I've just switched to brunel and noticed the ' apostrophes, which I've exchanged.

A lot has been going on all over h2g2, as you'll see in the articles below. While preparing this issue of the Post, I was pretty teary-eyed as the bad news really hit home. I hope all of you have by now calmed down enough to read and enjoy this issue of the Post.


Bel

IS IT ALL OVER NOW?
THE HAMSTER ATE MY HOMEWORK

  • Rescued

  • minichessemouse reports from the Ozelowe river.

WATCH OUT!
WHICH MEANING TO THE WORD?
COMMUNITY
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A79167757

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more