Warwick University

6 Conversations

Situated just south of Coventry, the University of Warwick is, in fact, nowhere near Warwick and in the West Midlands rather than Warwickshire. It is currently ranked about fourth in the country academically but we all maintain here that when academia and social life are averaged, Warwick would top the scale. Student wise, Warwick has the largest Students Union in Europe with several fairly cheap bars, Cholo and Grumpy John's being the best. There is a nightclub called the Cooler (so called because it gets so hot some nights, sweat drips from the ceiling) with its own bar and many places to get good, cheap food. Warwick boasts the largest Arts Centre in Britain outside London which also features the renowned 'cone' sculpture. All in all, Warwick is a top University and you'd be a fool if you passed up the opportunity to study here.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A78626

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more