A Conversation for Mostly Harmless MC - Members

May Day Run

Post 1

T1mown

Hello!!

i will be taking part in my second mayday run this year to hastings, and i was wondering who here takes part, and if anyone is from Kent, and would like to ride down together?!

Last year i started at the oak dean NR Brands hatch, and went from there, along with a friend or two.

It is definetly an experience, for those who have not done it. going down the dual carriage ways, there are people with deck chairs set up, just to watch you all roar by. they even set up camp on the road bridges over the dual carriage ways!


May Day Run

Post 2

Beatrice

Hi there! Can you give me a few more details so that I can put something in The Post? Dates, times, who to contact if you want to take part, or just come and watch etc. Who's organising it - is there a website? All that sort of info.

Great to have an enthusiastic new member smiley - cheers


May Day Run

Post 3

T1mown

well, it's on mayday bank holiday, and approx 30k bikers travel down to hastings, where we enjoy the may day festival (a spring festival
what i tend to do is meet people at the oak dean on the A20 about ten am, and make my way down from there.

there's no real organiser, it's just a tradition that's snowballed. i will set up an email address specifically for it, and post it here soon!

so time 10 am, location oak dean cafe a20, date may 3rd.

point people here, and the email address will be up soon.

PS, if you wish to be a spectator, I'd recom recommend end coming by pillion or train. it'd take 4 times as long if you want to go by car


May Day Run

Post 4

Beatrice

Probabaly a bit far to come from Northern Ireland as a spectator, but thanks for the invite!

I'll try to get something in next week's Post (this week's is just about to be published)


May Day Run

Post 5

T1mown

N ireland is a tad too far...smiley - erm but hopefully there's plenty of HooToo-ers about who are a bit closer.

here's a contact email:
[email protected]


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more