A Conversation for Khar Siid: Ship On The Edge of Darkness

The Bridge

Post 21

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

[Wesker] It's not Mr Wesker. It isn't even Wesker. My name is Matrix.
I was created as an unstopable virus. One that could assimilate anything and everything it touched, including biological tissue. Wesker, a VIPER, found me and tried to destroy me. I was damaged, but managed to assimilate him, but I couldn't control his mind, I was too badly damaged... He waged war on me from within, corrupting me. Destroying me. Eventually I won, killed him, but I still had his mind. It gave me a knowledge of just what I was; a danger to everyone around me. I knew the Minions would come looking for me as I am unique, irreplacable, deadly...
I joined JACKAL as a means of escape. I learned from them how to survive outside of the law. I discoved Lunar Gear, a giant, self aware super computer that could control an entire battleship. I assimilated it's Control Core, took the Tengu guards who were wired into it, and fled on a stolen destroyer to here... And now they found me. They'll kill you all to get to me. They want me so badly they'd destroy everything to get me... I'm sorry...


The Bridge

Post 22

recrash

(the captain takes it all in stride, with a skeptical, midly sardonic expression. He hasn't shifted his stance one bit)

Fine. I didn't really mean to pry ino your background, and I still don't care what exactly you are. But you signed up on this vessel, and as captain I am responsible for you. So ACTION STATIONS! We have no pilot so you're volunteering. Jack into the pilot seat and prepare to heave to!

-I've just learned that Siid systemry has had you pegged for awhile. It's shielded itself and crew from any effects your replicative nature may have.


The Bridge

Post 23

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

*slowely pugs in. Seems to have fallen asleep...*
[Wesker] Yes... I feel them... There is a chance... Yes...


The Bridge

Post 24

recrash

There always is. Now maneuver us into higher orbit and prime the weapons systems. We've taken a few wide shots but autorepair systems have taken care of it.


The Bridge

Post 25

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

*Ship begins to maneuver into higher orbit.*
[Wesker] Weapons ready... wait... there is...
*Turns, wide eyed to the captain.*
[Wesker] Captain! They've got Hammerhead assault boats! They're trying to board us!


The Bridge

Post 26

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

[Wesker] Captain! There's something else. Someone's requesting boarding clearence for Shuttlbay 1... It's VIPER!


The Bridge

Post 27

recrash

they've cleared to board! now wheel about to face the attacking armada. I will unlock some heavy artillery. And what are our fighters doing? Standby Hangar to repair and refit.

All personnel standby to repel boarders! Engineering is being overrun and several other sections are also being breached.


The Bridge

Post 28

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

[Wesker] Sir! External Comms are just picking up white noise. Either they're blocking our communications or...


The Bridge

Post 29

Cardinal Noah (is now back!!!)

*presses a big red button*

RED ALERT! RED ALERT!

oooooo, impressive smiley - bigeyes


The Bridge

Post 30

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

[Wesker] Oh dear... Captain! We've got problems! They've begun to breech down the hall!
*A deafening explosion is heard outside the Bridge*
[Wesker] Looks like they got me after all...


The Bridge

Post 31

recrash

It's not over yet, sir. Defend yourself!
(The doors blow inward as the boarder move to take the bridge. The room is full of flying debris and concusion blasts. Everyone ducks under his post and the Captain is the first to rise.)

Nice move, Lizzy. Immature, but Red Alert is appropriate. Now. (draws a katana and slashes at the first intruder. Heavy-hand-to-hand enses as the captain stands toe-to-toe with as many enemies as can get at him.)

(Ducking a blow) Reinforcements to Bridge!


The Bridge

Post 32

Cardinal Noah (is now back!!!)

*leaps into fray*

*hacks and slashes*


The Bridge

Post 33

recrash

while we're busy here, how about a status report, Wesker? Do you believe we can contact more groups for help? How about Wind Force Twelve?


The Bridge

Post 34

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

[Wesker] I don't know... Wait. Let me try something...
*Walks through the searing plasma fire, taking several hits that should have vapourised him. Looking like a corpse, he touches the nearest Minion... As soon as he touches it, wires spring out of his arm and drive into the cyborg's torso. Slowly, with an inhuman screech the Minion is absorbed into Wesker. As it happens, Wesker's wounds begin to heal. Within a few moments, the Minion is gone, and Wesker is completely healed. His face looks gaunt, however, and his eyes are colder.*
[Wesker] *Grabs the fallen plasma-cannon.* Come for me, beasts of steel!


The Bridge

Post 35

Cardinal Noah (is now back!!!)

[lizzy] ooooooo *looks unnerved*


The Bridge

Post 36

recrash

The Captain is a roaring force, a whirling dervish of blades and blood. The weapon slides through enemy armor and flesh like they didn't exist. He leaps over a console, gets cover between him and the others. As they crowd to get at him he cuts twice. Up, down, diagonally. The steel slashes brightly, and the console splits in three pieces and the Minions stare. They haven't bled yet...

Suddenly..

A great screaming shadow, roiling over the surface of their skin like a malignant tattoo, a cancerous black mass expands from the surface of the wounds inward... They scream as the microscopic nanites consume flesh and metal and convert them to their basic elements ad rearrange them into more of the black mass. The Captain powers on, and we see the intricate inlaid black lines imbedded in the blade that are always clean even when the silver surface is covered in blood.


The Bridge

Post 37

recrash

[to Wesker] Impressive. So you can protect yourself, after all. What's the tactical overview? Update!


The Bridge

Post 38

Wargamer (The Wanderer)


Just a point: Minions are robots, so there's no flesh and blood. smiley - ok

[Wesker] This breech is sealed, and Fester seems to have succeeded also. We still don't have contact with...
*The bridge is flooded with green light as a Plasma explosion occurs outside.*
[Wesker] What the... their command craft... It's destroyed! They'll soon begin to retreat!


The Bridge

Post 39

Cardinal Noah (is now back!!!)

[lizzy] that's a good thing, right?


The Bridge

Post 40

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

[Wesker] Most definately.


Key: Complain about this post