Talking Point: Contraception and Sexual Health

9 Conversations

The Birds and the Bees

Nobody wants to be a parent before they are ready, or to find themselves with a sexually transmitted infection. But in the heat of the moment, safe sex and contraception is often the last thing on your mind! In Britain, complacency over safe sex is being blamed for a dramatic rise in cases of sexually transmitted diseases among young people.

There is an old saying that with pleasure goes responsibility and that is particularly true of sex. Or is it? We want to know your views on contraception and sexual health:

  • Who has the responsibility for avoiding unwanted pregnancy?

  • Does that responsibility change when a relationship becomes more serious?

  • What do you understand by the term 'safe sex'?

  • Does a man carrying condoms in his wallet make women think he is responsible or presumptuous?

  • If a woman carries condoms is she responsible or promiscuous?

  • Should you trust other people to be honest about their sexual health? Are you?

  • Is it right for doctors to be able to prescribe contraception to under 16s without their parents' consent?

  • Do you know where you can get free contraception and advice?

  • Would you sleep with someone if they refused to use a condom?

  • What is the best method of avoiding pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections?




Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A702271

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Edited by

h2g2 Editors

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more