A Conversation for Talking Point: Mixed-race Relationships

A Strong Culture is based on a strong history

Post 1

Researcher 191762

At the moment black culture in Britian is portrayed negative and is negative in such away that blacks are entering into a relationship white partners. Some of the reasons include:-

-having difficulty finding a sutible partner of their own 'race' (especially being a middle-class minority)
-some believe mixed relationships are stress less (majority of relationships in my black community that are going strong are mixed)
-gaining status
-and love of course

I think there is actually a problem as the black 'race' in Britian is dying, without any status. When future mixed generations look back at there black British ancestors I fear they will deny the relationship they have with them because it was negative. I also fear they will not actually realise that they had a big part to play in the development of the country.

How would you like to be rememeberd as 'nothing' or as a 'useless underclass'

I think being black and developing black for a positive change will help gain status, but at this rate blacks will be forgotton.

Only talking from a black West Indian point of veiw.


A Strong Culture is based on a strong history

Post 2

Researcher 191762

its ture black people are eroding, and being remebered as nothing. we came hear to escape poverty. as we move up the ladder we tend to go for a relationship outside our race


A Strong Culture is based on a strong history

Post 3

Researcher 194628

hi,
i read your letter and found that you seem to be worrying over a practicallty impossible issue.

The issue of the black race in britain being completely non-existant in years to come.

personally i think that yor somewhat prejudices,is overreulling the sensible part of your mind.

i believe it's a person independant choice/preference in relation to who they want to date.
i don't beleieve that the media is completely to blame, rather than the issue of personal experience.

The main reason i believe in inter-racial relationships, is that of a 'lesser' divide between Britains races, which i believe is a positive thing, not detrimental?

people from all backgrounds are working together, side by side, wherby envitably, they are going to be working along-side different races.

The media is also not competely to blame for the, bad reputation of black Britain, rather it is the sysytem that prevents easy, detachment from poverty/ viscious cycle, for all races, it's not just a black thing!

the other issue is,that quite a fwe black guys, cause the reputation to flourish, by playing into media sterotypes- 'a sort of why should i let down their steryotyping'?
mentality.

the other invitable factor being, that this is a primarily white country, thus the majortity, and minority groups. therefore there is going to be a greater ratio of white men, than that of the black man who makes up the minority.

envitably there are going to be quite a few mixed -race realationships, which as far as i'm concerned, is not hurting anybody, rather quite the opposite.

i think it time to stop shifting the blame, and try doing something which can be hailed upon, as being positive!

if teh issue bothers you so much, i suggest you go back to the carribbean, wher you can have your fair share of black and possibly white sister, since you will be the majority?

i think it is disgracefull,that in this day-an-age, a topic like this bothers some individual, despite over majoor things like terroist attacka, world debt and poverty.

to tell you the truth, its attitude like yours, that make me understand why more and more black sisiters just like my self, are opting for possible inter-racial realtionships, with hopefully someone with less ignorance.


A Strong Culture is based on a strong history

Post 4

Researcher 215493

The Black race is in no doubt not dying out. What is dying is hopefully ancient stereotypes which is associated with the black male. As a young black educated women, I am infuriated with the modern stereotype of the black male, and even more with young black males who seem to follow these negative streotypes, which are set by the society. Black women, in the UK have broken this pattern and are now widely recognised as a strong indenpendent force within our culture, and left the postions given to us by society and taken control of our destiny.
Therefore it is time for the black man to leave his sefpitted past and take a good look at his fellow sisters, and take control of his own life.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more