A Conversation for Graeme Base - Artist and Author

Peer Review: A683318 - Graeme Base

Post 1

doreiwolf (why not try A682652?) (Alpha Low Thingite Patron, Defender of Wibble, Pagan Younger and Official Pooper Scooper)

Entry: Graeme Base - A683318
Author: doreiwolf (why not try A682652?) (Alpha Low Thingite Patron, Defender of Wibble, Pagan Younger and Official Pooper Scooper) - U83693

Well, after a lot of polishing, I believe this entry is ready.


A683318 - Graeme Base

Post 2

Silverfish

I think this is a good, interesting entry. I have a few comments though

Im the first footnote, you say that 'Rikitikitavi', is spelt wrong, rather than wrongly.

You say that he 'did Creation Stories for Macmillan.'. 'Did' is inprecise. I assume you mean illustrated, or provide illustrations for, from the context, but it isn't clear. Also, I think you tell us a bit about what Creation Stories was about, otherwise there is little point in mentioning it. Also similar comments apply to 'Dragons, Draaks and Beasties', and some of the other books that you only mention, without saying anything about them.


A683318 - Graeme Base

Post 3

doreiwolf (why not try A682652?) (Alpha Low Thingite Patron, Defender of Wibble, Pagan Younger and Official Pooper Scooper)

Thanks. I'll fix those grammatical errors.

I'll also add something about what each of the works mentioned actuall is about.


A683318 - Graeme Base

Post 4

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

Hi direiwolf!

I've not heard of Graeme Base, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised.

A couple of typos need to be fixed:

incompitence > incompetence;

createive > creative.

Good luck with the entry!

smiley - fishsmiley - musicalnote


A683318 - Graeme Base

Post 5

DogManStar

Good stuff.

This is a well written piece, and I sense a large amount of effort has gone into it. The fact that I would not usually be particularly interested in this type of subject matter but found I'd read the whole thing almost without meaning to is testament enough!

The 'controversy' about swastikas etc is particularly interesting. This kind of searching for things to be offended about it all too familiar these days. Although a swastika is always going to be pretty shaky ground, admittedly.

Well done, and it certainly gets my vote to be in the Guide proper!


A683318 - Graeme Base

Post 6

Mystrunner

A nice entry, and rather interesting, but I do have a few things to point out.
First, it may read better if, in the first paragraph, you changed

"Graeme Base is perhaps best known for his picture book "Animalia" that on the surface was a simple 'Alphabet Book' for Children"

to

"Graeme Base is perhaps best known for his picture book "Animalia" that, on the surface, was a simple 'Alphabet Book' for Children"

I'm not sure, but I think the commas will help.

Second, in your second footnote the it's should be changed to its, to show possession.

Otherwise, great job! smiley - ok


A683318 - Graeme Base

Post 7

doreiwolf (why not try A682652?) (Alpha Low Thingite Patron, Defender of Wibble, Pagan Younger and Official Pooper Scooper)

Thank you for the suggestions, and the rather ego boosting comments.

I've made all the changes people suggested (at least I hope I have. I did have trouble finding out what some of his works were about).

Thank you folks.


A683318 - Graeme Base

Post 8

SchrEck Inc.

Hi doreiwolf,

I've been given your fabulous entry to subedit, and I've nearly finished the subbing job. The subbed version of the article is at A741098, just in case you'd like to have a look. If you see something that needs attention, please drop me a note. smiley - bigeyes

SchrEck Inc.


A683318 - Graeme Base

Post 9

doreiwolf (why not try A682652?) (Alpha Low Thingite Patron, Defender of Wibble, Pagan Younger and Official Pooper Scooper)

Looks fine to me. Of course, even with your editing I may still be reading what I think should be there smiley - smiley

smiley - fullmoon


A683318 - Graeme Base

Post 10

SchrEck Inc.

smiley - ok


Key: Complain about this post