Valentines Day

0 Conversations

The shops are turning red again! It's heading towards that time of year when lovers exchange tokens and the faint-hearted send unsigned cards to the object of their desire.

With this in mind, we have decided to give you all three chances to celebrate the occasion.

First we offer you the chance to send your tributes to other researchers in and around h2g2. Signed or unsigned, just drop an email to shazz marking the subject line as 'Valentine Wish' to see them appear on the day.

Secondly, we are giving you a chance to wax lyrical in a 'Valentines Poem' competition. Sad, funny, serious or jokey... we want your prose/poetry! Send your entries to the above address with 'Valentine Poem' as the subject.

Finally, you can enter 'The Post Emoticon - Valentine Special'. Normal emoticon competition rules will apply1.

You can choose from the following smileys:

smiley - loveblushLoveblush
smiley - cuddleCuddle
smiley - hugHug
smiley - kissKiss
smiley - smoochSmooch
smiley - tickleTickle
smiley - cryCry
smiley - angelAngel
smiley - devilDevil
smiley - moonMoon
smiley - crescentmoonCrescent Moon
smiley - roseRose
smiley - giftGift

All entries must be received by 12th February. Please remember to include your h2g2 name and user number for the poetry and emoticon entries. The Post will not insist on names for the Valentine messages board, but reserve the right to decline those of a dubious nature!



31.01.02. Front Page

24.01.02. Front Page

17.01.02. Front Page

Back Issue Page

1Please see Here

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A682256

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more