A Conversation for The GuideML Editor Writers' Caffeine Machine

GuideMLPreview

Post 21

Jonny

Me too!
I've read the help file but I've not got a clue what to do with it!
I'm off to download some tutorials!

Jonny


GuideMLPreview

Post 22

MaW

* moans and wails *

Microsoft help files are generally awful. The MFC reference for Windows CE is absolutely frightful. The amount of time I've spent running around in circles trying to find out something really simple...


GuideMLPreview

Post 23

Felonious Monk - h2g2s very own Bogeyman

The XML DOM is pretty horrendous, I agree. This is mainly because it tries to be 'standards compliant'. There must be much better ways of representing a document tree in memory.

I'll keep you posted on how my investigations are going. The main problem I've found with adapting Word as a GuideML editor is that it is difficult to identify and isolate 'runs' of text with the same formatting attributes. Or I'm just looking in the wrong place. Anyway, the difficulty is in parsing the document into runs. Hence the reliance upon HTML export to identify them. Long-winded, but necessary.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more