A Conversation for The h2g2 Doctor Who Group

Dr Who.

Post 201

Giford

Yeah, but it was screamingly obvious what the Doctor was going to do with that squash ball...

Gif smiley - geek


Dr Who.

Post 202

SiliconDioxide

You're right, ethics was the wrong word. I think I should have stuck to ruthless.

Do you think the kevlar scarf would offend their honour?


Dr Who.

Post 203

Orcus

Well they wear suits of armour as far as I can tell, so a kevlar scarf is surely window dressing smiley - winkeye


Dr Who.

Post 204

Just Bob aka Robert Thompson, plugging my film blog cinemainferno-blog.blogspot.co.uk

They don't seem like the types to dress their windows either, though.


Dr Who.

Post 205

Orcus

Only with the trophies of their vanquished enemies! smiley - monster


Dr Who.

Post 206

NPY

Though it doesn't seem too honourable to wear a helmet, or hide in the basement. Klingon's would never do that. Though granted, they have a cloaking device.


Dr Who.

Post 207

Giford

He referred to Time Lords in the 'last great Time War', without mentioning that the Sontarans kicked Time Lord butt in the first, wimpy Time War.

Gif smiley - geek


Dr Who.

Post 208

Just Bob aka Robert Thompson, plugging my film blog cinemainferno-blog.blogspot.co.uk

The Doctor pointed that out, NPY. I think the reason for their unusual sneakiness might yet figure in the plot of Part 2.


Dr Who.

Post 209

NPY

Must've missed that.


Dr Who.

Post 210

Bright Blue Shorts

I don't mind Catherine Tate, but I do feel that she is portrayed as far too intelligent and streetwise by comparison the character that was introduced in the Christmas special.

That said, quite like the fact that she's not your average, obedient Tardis companion.


Dr Who.

Post 211

NPY

Donna does seem to have grown up and become a lot less annoying and selfish. Maybe what meeting the Doc does to you.


Dr Who.

Post 212

Secretly Not Here Any More

I've been pleasantly surprised by Catherine Tate actually. She's been a million miles away from her seizure inducing "acting" as seen in her "comedy" show.


Dr Who.

Post 213

STRANGELY STRANGE ( A brain on a spring )

Maybe I just have this absurd expectation that if someone is paid to act they can. THAT woman acts exactly, if you can call it that, as in her commedy role. She reminds me of someone who has been pulled off street to do a no budget community video, stilted, expresionless and frankly boring.


Dr Who.

Post 214

Deb

I must admit she's grown on me somewhat. Mind you, by "grown on me" what I mean is "has ceased to annoy me". So I'm hopeful I'll like her by the end of the series.

But I'm still mourning the loss of Christopher Ecclestone & Billie Piper, so what do I know?

Deb smiley - cheerup


Dr Who.

Post 215

STRANGELY STRANGE ( A brain on a spring )

Ah, at least Billie Piper could act!
She was better than anyone who came after.


Dr Who.

Post 216

Secretly Not Here Any More

Hah! Billie Piper was absolutely awful. She spent all of DT's first series in a strop, screaming "DOK-TAH" at the top of her voice and speaking in a godawful mockney accent.

Then again, I've seen BP in other stuff and I guess it'd take a great actress to be that consistently awful when she appears to be competent in every other role she's appeared in.


Dr Who.

Post 217

STRANGELY STRANGE ( A brain on a spring )

I never said Billie Piper was a great actress, I said she could act. Mind you compared to THAT woman anyone seems good....


Dr Who.

Post 218

Secretly Not Here Any More

I agreed that she can act. She was just awful in Doctor Who.


Dr Who.

Post 219

Mu Beta

Billie Piper was awful.

Bring back Sophie Aldred, I say.

B


Dr Who.

Post 220

Primeval Mudd (formerly Roymondo)

STRANGELY STRANGE, you seem to have bit of a downer on Catherine Tate. Is it coz she is ginger?

:P


Key: Complain about this post