A Conversation for Greebo's Big One

Cat flap

Post 21

Awix

Erm, me wubbles you too, Greebo (I expect so anyway, my dictionary is obviously a bit behind the times...).


Cat flap

Post 22

GreeboTCat

~big grin~... Wubble is Greeb speak for love... thus me wubbles you... and you replied that you wubbled me too... ~bigger grin~... which gave me a nice warm glow inside...


Cat flap

Post 23

Awix

Oh good... any day when one can oblige a bizarrely-dialected feline impersonator with a large internal feeling of warmth is a day well spent, as my dear old gran always used to say. Poor old gran, they have medication for that kind of thing these days...smiley - smileysmiley - hug


Cat flap

Post 24

GreeboTCat

~grin~... you implying me needs medication?


Cat flap

Post 25

Awix

I hope not... I remember having to put flea powder or something in our cats' ears... what a performance that was (shudders).

And however would the other Greeblets react if I interfered with that old Greebo magic? (Hmmm, I've come over all Peter Shaffer-ish...)


Cat flap

Post 26

GreeboTCat

~Greebo quickly looks up Peter Shaffer..~

Aha.. hmmm... ~frown~... and what aspect of Peter Shaffer are we referring to here?


Cat flap

Post 27

Awix

(Note to self - enough with the obscure 70s theatrical references.)

His big theme was that children whom we call unbalanced or mentally troubled have in fact a kind of divine madness and deep connection with the truths of creation, and that to cure them of this madness and allow them to live in normal society doesn't do them any favours.

(Gosh, this has all gone a bit deep, hasn't it?)

And I was basically saying that to rob the world of the delightful unhingement of Greebo T Cat would be similarly appalling...

Anyway, you slinky, sphinxy delight, you (here, have a <doughnut&gtsmiley - winkeye, I was going to say something, what was it? Oh yes - having failed to bully my little sister into reviewing the Harry Potter movie for me I was going to include a sort of little contest in my next Post column instead. And as the undisputed Quizmistress ot all things Posty I would hate to feel I was intruding on your (no doubt extensively scent-marked) territory. So have I the lovely Greebo's permission to get all querulous with my loyal couple of fans?


Cat flap

Post 28

Awix

Still haven't got the hang of the smileys, yet, obviously...smiley - grr


Cat flap

Post 29

GreeboTCat

~grin~... oh you are such a nice person... ~huggle~... of course you can do a quiz type thing... especially about Harry Potter... me admits to being a great fan of the books... and is very much looking forward to seeing if the film lives up to its exalted reputation...

As to smileys... me doesn't do them... ~grin~... though me did fall in love with the little sheep one... very cute and lovable...


Cat flap

Post 30

Awix

It's going to be spoof quiz partly included simply because the Harry Potter name will lure in a few more readers (hopefully). Very roughly the challenge will be as follows: given that HP & the Philosophers Stone has had to be retitled so that Americans can understand it, what similarly-decomplexified titles would readers suggest for the other three books should they be filmed?

(And I like the books, too. Well... that's oversimplifying things a bit, but in the final analysis a lover of narrative like wot I am can't help but be swept along by them.)


Cat flap

Post 31

GreeboTCat

Have you ever heard any book tapes... Me likes them... and me particularily likes the Happy Potter series read by Stephen Fry... he is very good... ~grin~


Cat flap

Post 32

Awix

Hmmm. No, I haven't, though of course I've heard how good the Potter tapes are. I think the only book tapes I have are a couple my dad lent me years ago (Michael Caine's autobiography and a Tom Sharpe novel) and Tom Baker reading his own life story, simply because it's Tom, the wonderful lunatic ("I keep an axe by my bed... if burglars break in I intend to cut my own head off before they reach me").

To be honest, I tend to listen to music when I get the chance, and in a way I prefer to read a book in print. Audio drama is another thing, of course, I understand the BBC are releasing the serial version of Lord of the Rings on CD this Xmas which I may treat myself to.


Cat flap

Post 33

GreeboTCat

Me has listened to The Hobbit on tape... very good it was too... me hadn't realised that the hobbit was really quite sinister until me listened to it in a darkened room... as me waited for sleep to visit me... ~grin~

Me thinks Tom Baker is absolutely fabulous... ~grin~... have you seen him in Randell and Hopkirk... he plays himself doesn't he...


Cat flap

Post 34

Awix

Tom is Tom. All those years as Doctor Who playing himself have made him virtually unemployable in any naturalistic part (he admits as much himself). I've got the new Randall and Hopkirk on tape but haven't managed to sit down and watch it yet.

I thought there were a couple of terrific episodes near the end of the first series of the Vic and Bob version but it sort of lacked the charm of the Pratt and Cope series. The new series seems to have gone for the option of hiring frustrated Doctor Who writers, which should be interesting.


Cat flap

Post 35

Awix

(I'd just like to add a great big HI THERE to the h2g2 post team, who obviously have nothing better to do than lurk in this thread... smiley - smiley)


Cat flap

Post 36

GreeboTCat

~Greebo glances around nervously~... th... th... there.. are people l..l...lurking in here???


Cat flap

Post 37

Awix

Fear not, you great sleekit timorous beastie, if they jump out at us my reflexes are as sharp as ever... I can have my hands up and be shouting 'We surrender!' in a trice (whatever that is).


Cat flap

Post 38

GreeboTCat

~Greebo winks~.. well my reaction would depend on who jumped out at me... ~grin~


Cat flap

Post 39

Awix

I must confess I myself have always found the prospect of being jumped out at rather less vexing than that of being jumped in on.

(Whatever that means.)


Cat flap

Post 40

Post Team

Moi?
I don't lurk... I research smiley - winkeye

shazz smiley - magic


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Greebo's Big One

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more