A Conversation for Categorisation of and guidance on queuing

Queue rage

Post 1

Angelfeet, here for a fleeting visit

One of the side effects of novice queuers barging into an established queue at the wrong point or - heaven forbid - _jumping_ the queue smiley - yikes is queue rage. This is characterised by loud tutting and meaningful glares, sometimes accompanied by ostentatious arm-folding and foot-tapping. The symptoms may worsen if the miscreant remains unaware of their actions, or worse still, appears blatantly unrepentant. A sufferer of queue rage may experience feelings of high-level irritation for several hours after the event in the most acute cases.

This is a little recognised syndrome, and is prevalent mainly in the UK.


Queue rage

Post 2

deackie

This is so true. I may have to include this as a quote smiley - smiley


Queue rage

Post 3

Angelfeet, here for a fleeting visit

I'm flattered. smiley - blush

By the way, pastime is spelt pastime or past-time and not pass-time. smiley - winkeye

smiley - angelsmiley - footprints the human spellchecker and queue-rage sufferer smiley - biggrin


Queue rage

Post 4

deackie

I thought it was but you know how you can get complete mental blocks on the easiest of words and I just couldn't spell it. I typed it pastime and it didn't look right. Neither did pass-time but it was a 50/50 chance smiley - smiley Thanks.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more