A Conversation for The Campaign for the Return of the Debonair Hero

Sign the petition!

Post 21

Angelfeet, here for a fleeting visit

Gadgets are all very well, but when they break down, they're pretty useless.

You can't go wrong with a book. smiley - smiley

(And most are cheaper than gadgets, apart from academic textbooks...)


Sign the petition!

Post 22

MrsCloud

Glad to see someone in the real world is promoting the come back of debonair heros

we salute you Mr Robbie Williams


Sign the petition!

Post 23

deackie

*swoon* I definitely think Robbie Williams is well on his way to joining the ranks of debonair hero. Wasn't he great at the Albert Hall? Fantastic voice and he looked gorgeous. Well done him smiley - ok I think I will even go and buy the album when it's released. And what about that duet he's done with Nicole Kidman? A huge round of applause in his direction.


Sign the petition!

Post 24

Angelfeet, here for a fleeting visit

I missed it! smiley - doh

Can't even think what I was doing instead. Think I might have been ailing in a smiley - headhurts sort of way. Still, my mum taped it, so I'll watch it next time I'm home.

Heard the duet and liked it a lot, though. smiley - smiley


Sign the petition!

Post 25

deackie

Love "Me and My Shadow" too although I'm always reminded of a Morcambe and Wise sketch and go into laugh mode.


Sign the petition!

Post 26

Angelfeet, here for a fleeting visit

That song always reminds me of "Time Bandits". That was made by George Harrison's company, god bless him.


Sign the petition!

Post 27

deackie

I've never got around to watching Time Bandits although it's a film I want to see. I couldn't help wondering if George Harrison would have lived longer if he'd never become famous smiley - sadface Did you listen to the Freddie Mercury tapes on Radio 2?


Sign the petition!

Post 28

Angelfeet, here for a fleeting visit

It's a good film, though I've not seen it for ages. David Warner is fantastic, but then he usually is.

I got the impression that George Harrison would have preferred not to be famous. He'll be missed. smiley - cry

Yes, I did hear the Mercury Tapes, I thought it was a good programme. The Untold Story was repeated on BBC1 as well that night, and Roger and Brian appeared at the fan club gig in Hackney.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more