A Conversation for Project: Coping with the Office

Superiors and Workmates

Post 1

SchrEck Inc.

Moonglum, another idea that might also be completely useless for your project: what about dealing with bosses and colleagues (or to put it in Dilbert jargon, PHB's and cow-orkers)? It could be discussed on how to deal with bosses: brown-nosing, rebeling, sabotaging or actually just working with them etc. As for colleagues, there could be a categorization: the ones who do nothing the whole day and get away with it, long-timers who are part of the fixtures, part-timers who work just for gossiping and to socialize, and also the hard-working type who has no life outside the workplace. Perhaps a link to the Dilbert website - how could anyone working in an office do not know Dilbert - would be neat.


Superiors and Workmates

Post 2

Moonglum Clampflower (MornC), Muse of Ego, Keeper of the Lamp and Guru, (aka Happinose)

Sounds a great idea. I'll Have a think ... smiley - cheers

smiley - crescentmoonsmiley - biggrin


Superiors and Workmates

Post 3

Moonglum Clampflower (MornC), Muse of Ego, Keeper of the Lamp and Guru, (aka Happinose)


Hi Schreck

Having had a thunk, I have written about da management. Is this the sort of thing you meant? More on influencing strategies and peers soon.

Also changed the project title. Not quite as good but better than the original in light of the Sept 11th disaster.

Cheers

smiley - crescentmoonsmiley - biggrin


Superiors and Workmates

Post 4

SchrEck Inc.

Hi Moonglum,

that one is great, too. The categorization of managers is a thing hadn't thought about, but it's a great topic. smiley - ok

As for the title, it's ok to change it, but I'm currently thinking of a more peppy one, perhaps...

'The Work-in-an-Office How-To' or
'The Office-Sitter's Handbook'

... difficult. smiley - doh Perhaps you leave the new title as it is.

Until then

SchrEck Inc.


Superiors and Workmates

Post 5

Moonglum Clampflower (MornC), Muse of Ego, Keeper of the Lamp and Guru, (aka Happinose)


How about the Office Antics guide?

smiley - crescentmoonsmiley - biggrin


Superiors and Workmates

Post 6

SchrEck Inc.

I had to look up 'antics' (I'm German, you zee), but... smiley - ok


Key: Complain about this post