A Conversation for Titania, Queen of Elves

Wales and heavenly bodies associated with it.

Post 1

machineHotandCold

I recently learned that the point in draco, that would represent the brain of the serpent/dragon???, and that it lies directly over england.

Do you think this might have some significance in dragon legends, and that region, particularly Wales and the mountainous region within?

You seemed a likely source of information, considering your name.

Most people don't understand how powerful a name can be in forming the individual with the name.

I don't know if your old enough to be familiar with this American classic song but here is the title, "A Man Named Sue"

Any information would be welcome, even a point in the right direction.

I plan on visiting Wales in the Spring, to do some onsight research for a paper I'm writing.

Sincerely,

MachineHotandCold/aka Ben


Wales and heavenly bodies associated with it.

Post 2

Titania (gone for lunch)

As interesting as I find dragons to be, I've never really paid much thought to how these legends (that, oddly enough, seem to exist all over the smiley - earth) came to be and what might have instigated them.

I do remember watching a BBC documentary (!) on dragons. In fact, it was so well done I kept asking myself 'are you absolutely sure dragons don't exist?' while watching it.

Which of the stars in Draco would be the one to represent its brain?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Draco_constellation_map.png


Wales and heavenly bodies associated with it.

Post 3

RaptorFalx

When it comes to wales the dragon generally represents the Fight between king george and the dragon. Which can be taken in many ways.

1. As a insight of how powerful George's army was, That it could take over wales, which is a land that has always had myth's and legends.

2. He actually did fight a dragon in a time when they were possibly bigger then today, remember how says birds are decendents of creatures like teridactles, a big bird now tiny.

3. It is always possible that a constalation looked like a dragon to them and there for they began to worship it and take the creature on as a symbol of them as in those days they didnt have a clue what the stars were. Could the Dragon be a god?

There is a lot of reasons for why the dragon may/ may not be real or exist, i find it is a welsh pride almost. I am welsh and i even have the welsh dragon tatoo'd on my arm. So possibly it is more a self reflection of fiery people, strong, pround and beautiful. Good enough to take on the mighties of warriors and fight with passion. At least the stories of the dragon being slain were made up by the english smiley - winkeye so not exactly a good side to hear the story from! The welsh at the time proberly said the Dragon won, or scared away the king etc, so beleive who you want.

It's all pride to me, and im happy to be a decendant of the Dragon smiley - smiley


Falx

smiley - cake


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more