A Conversation for Carers of H2G2

How are you all today?

Post 1

benjaminpmoore

Hi guys. Today is, apparently, world suicide prevention day. So I thought it would be a good idea to check out how you and the people you care for all are.


How are you all today?

Post 2

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

I didn't know that.

Thanks for asking. I'm still feeling low from the loss of my car (financial woes) and the apparent non-caring about my sense of well-being by the rest of my siblings. Two of whom have jetted off on holidays abroad and the other is having an extension built so he can't afford a holiday abroad this year, poor soul, doesn't your heart bleed? Meanwhile, I'm continuing to look after our mother, walking there and back (takes an hour in total) but am no longer doing the weekly shop, as I'm physically not capable. Mother is well, just had her hair dyed and feet attended to by the chiropodist, says she feels like a Queen. It's her birthday in 3 weeks, she'll be 95. My partner reckons she'll live to a hundred. I'm pretty sure I won't.

smiley - hug


How are you all today?

Post 3

benjaminpmoore

Sounds rough GB, I'm very sorry. I've heard of people in the position where one sibling is doing all the work, as in your case, but I'm not in that position myself. I can empathise with your impoverished position by comparison, R and I are easily the least well off couple in my immediate clan. In terms of your financial woes I wonder whether a benefit check might be in order? Always worth checking, let me know if you need any pointers. Regarding your family, I'm afraid I can only suggest that you accept them as they are. It's very hard as a carer to accept or understand that people around you can be far more interested in themselves that others. You can only adjust to the fact that this is how your siblings are, there's nothing you can do about it. Focus your energies and thoughts on the people who do care about you.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more