A Conversation for Silver Sword - The Sand Castle (Heroville)

Silver Sword - Sandcastle Hallway

Post 1

Kyra

Feel free to change this if you want, Nerd42

The hallway connects most rooms in the castle, and even has a few secret passageways. It is made up of grey stone, with lush carpets in the areas the nobles frequent, and bare stone in the servants' quarters. Banners and decorative tapestries adorn the walls with torches in alcoves lighting the way every few metres.

[Aeryn] crept along the hallway, keeping to the carpet wherever possible to soften the sound of her footsteps. She followed the carpets, judging where the richest areas in the castle were by the increasing or decreasing quality of rug she was walking on. Several times she had to fade into the shadows to avoid the gaze of a patrolling guard. She eventually reached what seemed to be the richest part of the castle. Vaguely she wondered if anyone had missed her presence by now. She was probably supposed to be giving witness testimony and offering the king the sword at this very moment.


Silver Sword - Sandcastle Hallway

Post 2

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

In future, please discuss new additions to existing areas with me BEFORE adding them.
Other than that I guess this is OK ... I'll adopt it because it doesn't contradict anything I have out or was planning.
Next time leave me a message at My Space to get it OKed before creating a new location all right? smiley - winkeye

smiley - towelNerd42


Silver Sword - Sandcastle Hallway

Post 3

Kyra

[Aeryn] *after disappearing into some rooms, she comes back into the corridor with a satisfied look on her face and some suspicious bulges in her pack, and heads back to the ballroom*


Silver Sword - Sandcastle Hallway

Post 4

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

smiley - laughsmiley - winkeye
smiley - towelNerd42


Silver Sword - Sandcastle Hallway

Post 5

Thorn

: Can I get one fer oer in that field DM?
An' don't go "Oh-no.-Here-we-go-again!" or "Now-look-what-you've-done," either smiley - oks. Because you don't hafta if'n ye don't wants to, alright?


Silver Sword - Sandcastle Hallway

Post 6

Thorn

: By the by, Is it smiley - ok w/the 2 of yehs, if'n I had Sharp take his 'leisurely stroll' out over in the hallway?-(When he'd went and did that I meant).


Silver Sword - Sandcastle Hallway

Post 7

Kyra

Well, Aeryn's already back in the ballroom, so there's no one here. smiley - shrug Until Nerd42 adds some NPCs it'll be a bit boring here.


Silver Sword - Sandcastle Hallway

Post 8

Thorn

Yeah, I s'ppose so. But on the bright side,-remember he did have Gandark & the king say that the castle guards were off on strike. that means that, 1. given there are some store-rooms (& there usually are)
and 2. provided that the most heavily defensed they be @ the moment is that maybe some just happpen to have a locked door...
[Sharp] of the House of Ecg:
*does a smiley - bigeyes* (thinking): Oh, I see, tha's a really good idea. She's right clever...wonder if any new proceedings occured @ the trial yet? Probably not.
*exits hallway*
*goes back into ballroom*


Silver Sword - Sandcastle Hallway

Post 9

Kyra

I don't think you can see what Aeryn did in the past can you? Unless it's still happening, but I've gone back into the ballroom by now so the hallway is empty smiley - erm


Silver Sword - Sandcastle Hallway

Post 10

Thorn

: No, Sharp can't; he's just not quite as much of a dull-pin as his outrageous manner of hair, attire, and (sometimes)behavior, would lead folks to account (Ooh, willya lookit tha'. I jus' did an unintentional pun again). Having Sharp be from the House of Ecg is a sort ofa play on words too. (Ecg is an old Middle-English word for 'edge' or roughly translated into "blade." Depending on the contexts it's used w/ in the rest of the phrase,-I guess. smiley - laugh
He's not a psychic. even though he can register an omen or two once-in-awhiles. Just made a lucky guess I s'ppose. But don't worry. It's like I said earlier, he isn't going to tell anybody, because it really doesn't bother 'im that Aeryn is a thief.
He's a warlock, so he's used ta folks bein' weary of him...sort of.


Silver Sword - Sandcastle Hallway

Post 11

Kyra

smiley - oksmiley - cool


Silver Sword - Sandcastle Hallway

Post 12

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

yeah your character can't see the past smiley - winkeye


Silver Sword - Sandcastle Hallway

Post 13

Thorn

: At least not events where he hisself wasn't there to see.
smiley - laugh


Silver Sword - Sandcastle Hallway

Post 14

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

yeah
smiley - towelNerd42


Silver Sword - Sandcastle Hallway

Post 15

Thorn

: But, I do mean what I had said earliers, That he's not quite so much of a dull-pin as his outlandish style and manner may indicate to other people.smiley - doh
He's just sorta puttin' 2+2 together, for himself (to himself). Mind you, not that it bothers him any...
Not quite a "Warlock-Holmes," but you get the idea. Hee.


Silver Sword - Sandcastle Hallway

Post 16

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

ah - i thought you'd said you'd detected Aeryn's move when she snuck out of the courtroom/ballroom but had no idea where to and for what purpose but suspected thievery but said nothing ... isn't that right? maybe I'm missing something ...
smiley - towelNerd42


Silver Sword - Sandcastle Hallway

Post 17

Thorn

: smiley - doh Oh yeah, I did say that. The purpose is to forge alliances, is What's wot. smiley - erm... I had Sharp talk with Gandark so as ta get on his good side, and Sharp isn't gonna tell on Aeryn, 'Coz who knows, you never know who you might need a favor from sometime, and it's always good to be on friendly terms w/questing buddies. 1 good 'turn, deserves another, no?


Silver Sword - Sandcastle Hallway

Post 18

Thorn


: Y'see Tha's all there was as to why he did that. An' you folks 'ad thought he was a total dull-pin dinn'tcha?
smiley - ok


Silver Sword - Sandcastle Hallway

Post 19

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

ah yes, forming alliances is probably a good idea.
smiley - towelNerd42


Silver Sword - Sandcastle Hallway

Post 20

Kyra

Just so you know, Aeryn isn't overly friendly. She's out for herself, and isn't looking to make friends. Try if you want, and she probably won't leave you hanging as long as it doesn't risk her own neck to save you, but she prefers to work alone. Not to say that she won't help, just as long as it's in her own interest or her conscience gets the better of her. BTW, I know elves are meant to be immortal, but that's kinda boring. As Aeryn may be half human anyway, hows about we make it so that she doesn't age, or at least ages really slowly, and some things can kill her. Not sure what yet, but she probably doesn't know herself anyway, so we can figure that out later. Otherwise it's too easy to have the immortal jump in to save the day, knowing that she won't die.


Key: Complain about this post