A Conversation for The Muses' Campfire

Toasting marshmallows

Post 141

Ottox

Don't be scared. It's only a story!
* cuddles up to her *


Toasting marshmallows

Post 142

Apollo

*peers through the fire at Ottox, with a wry smile*

Only a story, eh?? They say that, if you listen on a calm, quiet night...you can still hear the shrieks of the child as Peter and Micky lay the LP on the table.......she was never heard from again....

Her parents on the other hand, they have quite an interesting tale. You see...the curiosty of the Monkees, the flying monkeys, and curious george....that wasn't a coincidence....


Toasting marshmallows

Post 143

Sad, Mad or Bad? - I always wanted to be a dino, but alas, I'm just old.

smiley - yikes
*cuddles up to Ottox even more*


Toasting marshmallows

Post 144

Ottox

* is grateful to Apollo smiley - winkeye *


Toasting marshmallows

Post 145

Sad, Mad or Bad? - I always wanted to be a dino, but alas, I'm just old.

smiley - biggrin
smiley - winkeye


Toasting marshmallows

Post 146

Ottox

smiley - loveblush


Toasting marshmallows

Post 147

Sad, Mad or Bad? - I always wanted to be a dino, but alas, I'm just old.

smiley - blushsmiley - biggrin


Toasting marshmallows

Post 148

Ottox

smiley - hug SMoB smiley - smiley


Toasting marshmallows

Post 149

Dunky, Muse of Hangovers and Father of Abigail, Muse of Babysick

~takes Shea's arm~

Thanks


Toasting marshmallows

Post 150

Shea the Sarcastic

Welcome ...

smiley - hug Dunky


Toasting marshmallows

Post 151

Apollo

--the story continues, as the fire blazes on Midsummer night--

The little girl's parents, not noticing that she had gone off to look in the chest, went in the house. As they stepped through the entrance, a trap door at their feet gave way and they plummeted for many dozen feet. They landed on a net of some kind (vines maybe?), in what appeared to be an underground cavern. There were torches leading away down a passage...and they had no choice but to follow them. The whole place reminded them somehow of an old New York subway station...


Toasting marshmallows

Post 152

Shea the Sarcastic

smiley - yikes You mean it was dark, damp, smelled of urine, and had someone playing a violin poorly?


Toasting marshmallows

Post 153

Dragonfly. "A poet can survive everything but a misprint"-- Oscar Wilde

Great Zeus!!! That's Terrible!!!


Toasting marshmallows

Post 154

Ottox

smiley - yikes
* cuddles up to SMoB even more *


Toasting marshmallows

Post 155

Apollo

--the story--

As the parents follow the torches, they see pictures on the wall. One is of a giant ape, dangling from a pointy building..there are airplanes circling him and he is holding a woman who is shrieking wildly....

Another, much more disturbing picture, shows the Statue of Liberty...almost completely buried off the coast. And in front is a worn, haggard man, on his knees and screaming to some unknown height....

Suddenly, the passage turns a corner into a great hall...


Toasting marshmallows

Post 156

Apollo

*running out of ideas...looks around for help smiley - smiley *


Toasting marshmallows

Post 157

Dragonfly. "A poet can survive everything but a misprint"-- Oscar Wilde

THIS is a hall of mirrors. But they do not realise it, even as they see the horror of THEMSELVES in unkind reflections...


Toasting marshmallows

Post 158

Dunky, Muse of Hangovers and Father of Abigail, Muse of Babysick

Hah! Sounds like any number of nightclub toilets I've encountered over the years. It's what's in the cubicles that's scary!


Toasting marshmallows

Post 159

Shea the Sarcastic

*cuddles*


Toasting marshmallows

Post 160

Sad, Mad or Bad? - I always wanted to be a dino, but alas, I'm just old.

smiley - yikes
*holds Ottox closer*


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more