A Conversation for Moderation Help Desk (Now Closed)

Broken links

Post 21

C Hawke

Rats leaving ship that's still floating? smiley - biggrin

No probs all the links I want are in but just slightly irratated/concerned/confused as to why the QinetiQ one kept failing? A bad sign for the new privatised industry.

ChawkE


Broken links

Post 22

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

7.30pm - another guru reported that the link you forwarded to me in the email was down but that other variations on a theme worked.

8.25pm I found that all variations of the URLs failed including the straight links to DERA, QinetiQ and dstl.

8.30pm the gov link to DERA worked as did the links from that redirection page to Qinetic and dstl. But the URL in the email and in the failed code of your page were still down.

I'm tempted to ditch my theory in favour of the more obvious one of dicky servers.


Broken links

Post 23

C Hawke

smiley - smiley Whose, yours, BBCs, or QintecQs

Obviously too much hassle, if they failed for you trying various means then I guess they could fail for the mod, my theory of conspiracies falls apart smiley - smiley

many thanks.

ChawkE


Broken links

Post 24

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

Can't be mine because the other Guru's server produced the same effects and I didn't have any trouble with other pages I was accessing at the time. not the BBC's 'cos they weren't involved. Definitely was qinetiq's and dera's.

No conspiracy. Just dodgy QinetiQ servers.


Broken links

Post 25

Abi

But I am here. smiley - smiley


Broken links

Post 26

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

So you are. smiley - smiley

It must be lonely there today. Have some smiley - choc.


Broken links

Post 27

Abi

Thanks Amy smiley - smiley


Broken links

Post 28

C Hawke

Its happening again, Argh!

A link just got bounced, it works now and worked then, I've cleared my cach (and viewed in IE5 which I don't normally used and have never used to visit that page)

The odd thing is the link in the email was actually different to the link in the GuideML, the GuideML being the one given on the SSnopes site for the page, the one on the email being the one actually displayed when you get there.

Something is up - or am I just being paranoid again?

ChawkE


Key: Complain about this post