A Conversation for Baroque Music

Baroquette

Post 1

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

Well, that's quite an entry on Baroque music. I really enjoyed it.
Hopefully, someone who knows how to do these things will recommend it for consideration as an 'editted entry' in the h2g2 Guide.
In fact you have several entries here. One for the Castrati, one for 'Employment Opportunities in Baroque Music, One on banana splits and all the biographies could stand on their own.
In case you think I jest I will repeat. I enjoyed it!
Your realism and humour will be quite welcomed here.


Baroquette

Post 2

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

Oh hello jwf!

Oddly enough, I put it aside as a suggestion for Agg/Gag smiley - laugh


Baroquette

Post 3

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

Omigod that was you! smiley - bigeyes
Lordy, Jan 2001! That was a looooooong time ago.
Yes, definitely promote it in your next AggGag issue if it hasn't gotten into the Edited Guide. smiley - ok Or, how about I include it in #38?
I'm having trouble finding stuff. The ones I was working on were already used by Spiff!

Glad to see you taking a stand for AggGag's continuance!
Worry not about the details and mechanicals thereof. We can sort that out over the next 5 or 6 weeks. I think the Post is taking a week off soon.

I'm still waiting to hear from Anna the Italic (or any other Italic) about my 'offer' to let them take over the organisational details. I suspect little will come of it, although they may be inclined to create some other sort of 'alternative' platform (as is being suggested in the thread you pointed out where agcB and others were lobbying for a restructuring of the 'everything' category in an AggGag kitchen sinkronicity kinda way).

If the powers do expand their vision and create a stage for 'alternative' entries that can only be a good thing! And we can take pride in having been part of the campaign to expand h2g2's awareness and inclusion parameters, which was our original mission!

For now let's carry on as if we were really going to close shop at 42 and then we'll surprise everyone with tonsil's #43 and simply carry on from there. I expand on all this in an e-mail to tonsil which I will forward to you if you'll mail me via the link on my homepage.

peace
~jwf~


Baroquette

Post 4

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

before going on with the issue, I'll wait until you're done with the backlog on the agg/gag page smiley - smiley


Baroquette

Post 5

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

'backlog'? ...smiley - erm
You must mean all the wonderful suggested entries you've put into Waiters and Waitresses and now that new load you just posted in the 'Calling All Aggists' thread?
Yes there is plenty of stuff with which to carry on! I shouldn't be complaining. But I began to hesitate to write editorials on entries I hadn't discovered myself (especially when I didn't quite 'get it') and got into the habit of finding my own.
Perhaps that's half my problem, failing to rely on the support already being given, but I feel I'm already power-tripping and don't want my opinions and editorials to be our only voice. For me to write comments or criticism of entries suggested by others strikes me as being 'too much'. At least it's more ~jwf~ than the world needs or wants. AggGag was becoming 'my' column, my vision, my voice, my opinion and that's not what it should be. What we need is to hear more comment from you and our fellows.
Does that make sense or am I just trying to justify my laziness and fear of committment?
I just e-mailed Spiff the AggGag password, so hopefully he'll fix up #37.
peace
~jwf~





Baroquette

Post 6

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

Ah, yes, somehow I guessed that and yes, the (once again, cryptic, sorry) 'backlog' reference was meant to point to the 'attention' thread. But let's keep things together and do that discussion in the proper place.

smiley - peacedove


Baroquette

Post 7

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

smiley - ok
Oo-oo, I like a man with a take charge attitude!
~j~


Baroquette

Post 8

Tonsil Revenge (PG)

...into the valley of death rode the four hundred...

And I made such a loverly boullibaise!
All going to waste... All.....


Baroquette

Post 9

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

which is to say... you already had a page wrapped up? Would be a pity to see it go to waste smiley - yikes


Baroquette

Post 10

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

Just for the record, here in this obscure corner where no one is eavestroughing, let me say what a delightful comedy is to watch you two trying to communicate smiley - laugh , not just here but in several other threads over the past months.

I often find tonsil's message-and-meaning lost in inpenetrable fogs of metaphor and allusion. And Bossel has a habit of not making his precedents and antecedents clear such that when he succinctly says 'That's wonderful!' one has to wonder which of several dozen things he might be referring to...

The point being that I often misunderstand both of you and it is somehow quite amusing therefore to watch you trying to talk to each other smiley - laugh I still can't believe that first issue you put together 'together' ever made it the Post. But it did and I'm glad ..and grateful.
smiley - peacesign
~jwf~


Baroquette

Post 11

Tonsil Revenge (PG)

Nah. I haven't done anything.
Just made some notes.
I was making a joke on Jwf's reference to someone 'taking charge'...

That's okay. I occasionally have to borrow a neighbor's Seeing Eye dog to penetrate Jwf's posts...

what do you think aboot that?


Baroquette

Post 12

Sea Change

Does the creator of this entry get alerted to this conversation, or does he have to come back here on his own?


Baroquette

Post 13

Tonsil Revenge (PG)

I apologize. There is a little green sentence on the bottom of your entry page. It says something like "please let me know when there are conversations about this entry" and most people forget to click on it.
I often do.


Baroquette

Post 14

Sea Change

I am not the author, there is no need to apologize. The question was meant quite literally. It is difficult to convey lack of judgement in words, and I find it to be especially so for me on H2G2.

I just found this an odd conversation to be happening 'under the author's nose', so to speak; I thought it odd that he or she had no commentary to make about what you-all were saying.

There is reference earlier in this conversation thread to this place being a 'private place to talk'. Since everywhere in H2G2 is connected to everything else, and you can literally stalk someone's conversations if you were inclined and had the reading time, my brain was reeling at this concept.


Baroquette

Post 15

Tonsil Revenge (PG)

Your concern is noted. He was referring to the general moribundity of this space. I believe the author hasn't been around in a while.
Since we at AGG/GAG are going to publish the link in a future or current issue in the Post so that other's can find it, we have in our own little way contributed to the fame of the entry and the author.

Also, you would be surprised at the number of 'private' conversations going on on the site, that while other's may 'peek' at them, they rarely get involved.
I have at least three going on off my space and a couple off other people's where we are quite alone.


Baroquette

Post 16

Wand'rin star

So do I. It's the quickest way of communicating with family and friends, and the conversations are much more profound and less serious than they would be on the phone smiley - star
Bet you didn't know I was an aggy lurker.smiley - winkeye


Baroquette

Post 17

Tonsil Revenge (PG)

smiley - ponysmiley - bus


Baroquette

Post 18

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

To clarify further for 'sea change', this thread was one of my first postings to h2g2 back in Jan 2001. Such was my admiration for Bossel's entry on "broke muzic" that I offered unsolicitittied praise.

smiley - popcorn *the years go by*

Bossel, who later became Chief Scout for <./>AGGGAG</.>, decided recently to shoulder more editorial responsibilty for AggGag and because we know his Scouting Enterprizes are the absolute best, we figured he'd make good editor too. So we have been encouraging him to assemble entire issues.

With all due modesty and the same critical techniques he applies to all the entries he scouts, he then decided to include this piece of his own handy work. I have to imagine that upon reviewing it for that use, he finally noticed my ancient review and found in encouraging. And so the thread finally had a second posting.

Since then it has, as tonsil suggests, become an 'AggGag thread' and by definition is only marginally but always subtexturally related to the original subject, liable to drift in any direction and quite open to lurkers everywhere.
smiley - rainbow
~jwf~


Baroquette

Post 19

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

re Post #3 (and others)... Thank you very much for assuming I could knock together such a smiley - cool piece of writing! I even had to look up a couple of words when reading itsmiley - laugh But when I said I 'put it aside', I only meant I had marked it for the next 'Bossel Collection'.

jwf, have you noticed there are lurkers around? Looks like AGG/GAG actually has *two* readers who confess being readers. Multiply that by any of the usual factors and call the result 'readership' smiley - ok


Baroquette

Post 20

Tonsil Revenge (PG)

I had wondered about that.
He seemed so sure.
Wonder from which bottle he's pouring the fluid that floats his cereal?


Key: Complain about this post