A Conversation for h2g2 Post 18.08.05

Random new media

Post 1

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit trying to use the < <./>ThePost</.> > link
"smiley - erm Email 'Jimster' one day ahead perhaps ?

He had some time left yesterday < A710092 > 'Elton' and < A709148 > 'Spermwhale' "


Random new media

Post 2

Titania (gone for lunch)

The named link works now!smiley - smiley


Random new media

Post 3

Titania (gone for lunch)

Oh, and if I remember it correctly, the link for the latest issue is adjusted on Thursdays at 11 am (whether that's BST or GMT, I'm not sure).


Random new media

Post 4

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit trying to read between the lines
"According to what I read from it, the link is switched 'manually' one of the italics has to know there is a new post and where to find it.
I just dropped a line on Editorial Feedback as last minute adjustment. smiley - smiley "


Random new media

Post 5

Titania (gone for lunch)

Yes, it is switched manually, and yes, smiley - thepost people need to inform them. I thought that Awix or Reef might already have done that , but when the link hadn't been updated, I posted on Jimster's user page more than one hour ago.

Might simply have been that the Italics were busy today...


Random new media

Post 6

Awix

Hard to believe though it probably is, the Post Team is in fact organised enough to do this sort of thing. I emailed Jim the new link on Monday night, albeit with the proviso that the issue wouldn't be ready to go until late Wednesday - that's the only reason I can think of for the apparent delay.

But thanks for the vote of confidence...


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more