A Conversation for H2G2 Weight Losers

Back again for another go..

Post 1

Serephina

Hello smiley - winkeye

It's been a while since I was here, but it's definately more than time I cam back. My initial problem was after my son was born 7 years ago..I was 10 st 7 before I had him (i'm 5ft 9) and only abut a st more after..then it started to rocket..I'd developed an ovarian cyst n hit 19st before it was removed!mostly on my tummy..so im not even nicely proportioned smiley - wah Over the next year or so I got down to about 14 1/2 again..but towards the end of last year it started creeping back up and i'm now hovering around 18 st again smiley - sadface and it does get to me..no one else says anything (bf is wonderful n couldn't give a monkeys what i look like smiley - loveblush) so it'd be purely for my own self esteem. Gonna join the gym up the road once i've managed to give up smoking and have the extra cash..but any diet advice in the meantime would be much appreciated!


Back again for another go..

Post 2

You can call me TC

Hi and welcome Seraphina. I didn't realise you'd gone through so much. Ever so sorry, old bean. What was the cause of the radical weight gain? Just medical, or more sort of comfort eating? I am the least successful loser myself but I'm happy to listen and hand out advice! Join the "Saturday Weight Loss here" thread - it's where it's all going on at the moment - not just a chart of weight losses and gains.


Back again for another go..

Post 3

Serephina

It was mostly the cyst (it was about 10lbs)!..but the pain it caused meant I wasn't walking anywhere really which doesn't help and yes I do tend to comfort eat! or at best eat comulsively! put a multipak of crisps in the cupboard n i'll just much through them without realising! thats my problem really ..i nibble, dont eat proper meals enough and have got so unfit n lazy i barely get any exercise! vicious circle really isn't it..


Back again for another go..

Post 4

Queeglesproggit - Keeper of the evil Thingite Avon Lady Army and Mary Poppins's bag of darkness..

Hey Sereph smiley - ok

Welcome.... you're one of us now....... smiley - evilgrin


Back again for another go..

Post 5

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

Hi Seraphina smiley - biggrin
Always good to have more losers here. It sounds as though you have been through an awful lot! The folks here are great, a very supportive bunch who have certainly helped me along the way. Glad you have chosen to join us smiley - smiley

Will you join us over at the Saturday Weight Loss here thread?

How do you think you will approach your campaign?


smiley - puffk


Key: Complain about this post