A Conversation for Talking Point: Your Biggest Disappointment

TV Series

Post 1

shagbark

Television in the US usually has a finale in the spring.
We are accustyomed to hearing that such and such date will be the final episode of a series and it will not bve returning in the fall.
this implies there will not be a cliff-hanger but long-standing plot points will be resolved.
The Most disapointing TV finale I have seen happened in 1994 when the Star-Trek series 'Next Generation' ended.
I expected to hear what the major characters would do in the future -
(example in MASH klinger would return to Toledo, Ohio).
What Picard, or Troi or Data would do was left unsaid.
Instead it was a time traveling sequence where Picard had to save the Universe smiley - groan.
It wass left to future big screen movies to resolve the problems the series didn't.


TV Series

Post 2

Mat

I remember the episode. Picard sits down to play cards with the officers and says, "I should have done this a long time ago." Bit of a let-down, that.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more