A Conversation for Talking About the Guide - the h2g2 Community

Freedom- True or Truce

Post 1

Shockey-John

I kive in a Country that speaks of Being The Land of The Free and The Home of The Brave. Lately, I feel inundated with all the Laws that are here for my protection. No, matter where I turn there is a law, or there is the Law. Freedom seems to be an illusion of the Matrix.


Freedom- True or Truce

Post 2

Thorn

For protection of oneself or protection of other people's liabilities?


Freedom- True or Truce

Post 3

MonkeyS- all revved up with no place to go

It seems that the more freedom we are supposed to enjoy, the more legislation there is to protect us- more often than not this infringes upon the freedom we had in the first place!

My advice would be- just go for it. Sooner or later you'll encounter someone who doesn't like what you're doing, and will challenge you. Thankfully, the Human Rights laws will allow you to keep on doing it. Oh, wait, does that only apply to criminals?

I get sooo confused.


Freedom- True or Truce

Post 4

daffodilgold

I agree - it sometimes feels as though we go through life wearing straitjackets !!


Freedom- True or Truce

Post 5

MonkeyS- all revved up with no place to go

yes, but the straitjacket would also have a built in lifejacket, just in case!!

Now, all I need is to find a grown up to help me get it out of the plastic bag. smiley - ok


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more