A Conversation for Smudger Snippets

Time Flies

Post 1

Websailor

It sure does Smudger. I do hope you find your ring. It can't be far away, and I am sure it will turn up when you least expect it. When I was in hospital some years back they wanted me to take my wedding ring off, and I refused. It has never been off my finger since the day it was put on, and I am rather superstitious about it. Silly really, but there you are.

Congratulations to you both on thirteen years. I hope you have many more in which to reminisce about your happy memories.

Take care,

Websailor smiley - dragon


Time Flies

Post 2

Smudger879n

Hi WS, many thanks for your post, as for the ring, I think I lost it in Morrison's that day I was flustered at the checkout, as I had 6 tins of sweets that I got for Christmas, I remember feeling it slipping when I was handling themsmiley - erm
I live in hope though, thanks againsmiley - winkeye
smiley - cheersSmudger.


Time Flies

Post 3

Websailor

Smudger,

Have you been back to Morrisons to see if anything was handed in? You never know your luck. It is surely worth a try.

Websailor smiley - dragon


Time Flies

Post 4

Smudger879n

Aye! I told Mk2 today that I would the next time I am there, but even Mk2 reckons its a no hoper, but I will ask anywaysmiley - ok
smiley - cheersSmudger.


Time Flies

Post 5

Websailor

smiley - goodluck Some times life surprises us smiley - smiley

smiley - hug to both,

Websailor smiley - dragon


Time Flies

Post 6

Tonsil Revenge (PG)

Never could stand wearing a ring.
We ended up pawning ours...

Working on various projects around here helped keep me occupied during the dim days after Uvula left me four years or so ago...

I think I'll go visit Shnooks tomorrow. I wanted to go yesterday, but she didn't want me and her mum there at the same time.


Time Flies

Post 7

Smudger879n

Hi WS, who is Snoooks?smiley - winkeye

Yea! it was dangerous to wear rings when I was on board ships, as it could rip off your finger when you ran down steps, as we used to keep our left hand on the hatchway surround?

I do miss that ring thoughsmiley - erm



smiley - cheersSmudger.


Time Flies

Post 8

Websailor

Smudger, I don't know who is either. Perhaps Tonsils Revenge will enlighten us. I guess it is his daughter?

PHM wouldn't wear a wedding ring either because of his job. I understood but was disappointed. He wore one for his firstsmiley - dohsmiley - wah Perhaps it made him superstitious!

Websailor smiley - dragon


Time Flies

Post 9

Smudger879n

Hi WS, I wore my first one after I came out of the Navy, until I got a bad burn on my left hand when some molten metal fell on that finger! After that, I only wore it when I was not working? Just for safety reasons.
We must find out who this Snoooks issmiley - winkeye
smiley - cheersSmudger


Time Flies

Post 10

Tonsil Revenge (PG)

Yes, Shnooks is my 18 year old daughter. She's nicknamed after a Fanny Brice radio character.

I found that my first and last ring got in the way of mechanical work on the VW and make my job less easy working as a receiving clerk in a hardware store.

To make things worse, during the ceremony, the rings got mixed up because the jeweler put the right message in the wrong rings. I have it on video tape, the ex struggling to put her ring on my finger. I didn't really notice anything strange until I found out she had been putting sticky tape in her ring to get it to fit... turned out to be a harbinger of things to come. I almost lost that finger to that ring. It swole up and turned purple a week later.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Smudger Snippets

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more