A Conversation for The Crossed Purposes Pub

Crossed Purposes:Dec.2000

Post 601

Babel17

*watches as the ladies head off to try on dresses and wonders where he'll be for Hogmanay this year*


Crossed Purposes:Dec.2000

Post 602

Dragonfly. "A poet can survive everything but a misprint"-- Oscar Wilde

::looks for a BEATNIK outfit among all the dresses, or a pinstripe suit:: smiley - tongueout


Crossed Purposes:Dec.2000

Post 603

mari-rae(tee reads: (entangled in cardboard boxes, please send tape...)

*Swallows the potion that turns her into the ravishingly beautiful lanky redhead, Susan/Witch.*

I think I'd like to wear green for New Years. *Goes through the racks of Pandora's gowns until she finds a tiny little number in leaf green and sparkles.*

Perfect!!! smiley - bigeyes *Puts on the dress and does her mass of flaming red hair up into an elegant twist at the top of her head. She holds it in place with a swizzle stick from the bar.*


Crossed Purposes:Dec.2000

Post 604

Babel17

*thinks p'rhaps 'e should gets one of them there potions fer hi'self*


Crossed Purposes:Dec.2000

Post 605

Gwennie

*As if by magic, Gwennie joins Mari-Rae in the ladies bathroom where she struggles to squeeze into her witch outfit*

Oops! Methinks I over indulged over the festive season! smiley - blush

Mari-Rae dahling, help me with this zip please. No wait! Let me breath out first...OUCH!! Thank you (I think).


Crossed Purposes:Dec.2000

Post 606

mari-rae(tee reads: (entangled in cardboard boxes, please send tape...)

Here, take the potion, silly.

*Gives Gwennie the potion and she becomes Michelle/Witch; blonde, tall, svelte, long legs. The little black dress slips right on.*

I'm looking for shoes... hmm. How about these strappy gold sandals? What do you think?


Crossed Purposes:Dec.2000

Post 607

Gwennie

Very nice dearest, but you could always do Pan's thing and go bare foot! smiley - smiley

*Takes a look in the mirror and nearly passes out in shock*

Argh! Where are me freckles? smiley - tongueout Oh well! *Sighs*

Come on then! Back to the bar and some drinkies. I wonder if we can wake Pan up? smiley - bigeyes


Crossed Purposes:Dec.2000

Post 608

Kes

*Wanders in, noting the lack of regulars and noises from the Ladies Loo. Settles down in hopes of a drink ...*


Crossed Purposes:Dec.2000

Post 609

mari-rae(tee reads: (entangled in cardboard boxes, please send tape...)

*Considers the barefoot idea as she is trying on the thin gold sandals. The heel lifts her nearly 3".*

Nope! I'm going with these! smiley - bigeyes!

*Shakes Pandora's shoulder.* Wake up!!! Party!!!


Crossed Purposes:Dec.2000

Post 610

Kasia, P.S. of Syncopation,Muse of Classic Goo Fans, Keeper of Rainbows, Zaphodista (visit Crossed Purposes Pub: A429310)

*flutter of wings*

*Kasia rushes in, makes smiley - bigeyes at the splendid decorations smiley - smiley*

Hi Kes smiley - smooch what do you want to drink?
Oh, should I now say 'Archangel Kes' to you all the time?


Crossed Purposes:Dec.2000

Post 611

Dragonfly. "A poet can survive everything but a misprint"-- Oscar Wilde

::is NOT finding any pants among all the purdy dresses::


Crossed Purposes:Dec.2000

Post 612

Babel17

*has another beer and whisky. Nods to Kes, as he hasn't seen him in a long time*


Crossed Purposes:Dec.2000

Post 613

Kasia, P.S. of Syncopation,Muse of Classic Goo Fans, Keeper of Rainbows, Zaphodista (visit Crossed Purposes Pub: A429310)

Hiya B-17 smiley - smiley

*Kasia goes to the kitchen, brings back some fresh oysters*

Mhmm, I'm starving!

Babel - you want some?


Crossed Purposes:Dec.2000

Post 614

Babel17

*slips out of character for a moment*
Hello Kasia, *leans across the bar and gives her a hug and a kiss*
Festive greetings to you smiley - smiley Oysters? No thank you, I had a bad experience with them once, and haven't touched them since, sorry smiley - sadface

*slips back into Amos mode*
Eee lass, yer lookin' grand. *grins his gap-toothed grin*


Crossed Purposes:Dec.2000

Post 615

Dragonfly. "A poet can survive everything but a misprint"-- Oscar Wilde

::looks at purdy dresses::


Crossed Purposes:Dec.2000

Post 616

mari-rae(tee reads: (entangled in cardboard boxes, please send tape...)

Go for it, Dragonfly. Its New Year's and a new millenium, again!! You'd look beautiful in a dress. smiley - bigeyes


Crossed Purposes:Dec.2000

Post 617

Dragonfly. "A poet can survive everything but a misprint"-- Oscar Wilde

Yes... but... silver... or purple!?? smiley - smiley


Crossed Purposes:Dec.2000

Post 618

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*whizzes through the pub, still in jeans and cable knit sweater, and heads straight into the Ladies*

Hi y'all, sorry I'm so late. I had to update my page because I disovered that I forgot to put the Crossed Purposes in my link list, and then the computer crashed. Not because of the CP!

Anyway, I decided to bring a sari cos I could wear long sleeves under it and because I just love saris.... So which one will it be?

*pulls out 3 9-yard lengths of silk. One is a complex paisley pattern in golds and reds. The second is a deep blue-green with a shimmery finish, and the 3rd is midnight blue with a pattern of shot silk filigree*


Crossed Purposes:Dec.2000

Post 619

Babel17

*looks up from beer as Lil whizzes by carrying what looks like bolts of cloth. Wonders if he should retire to The Shed and find a tie, then realises he is wearing it as a belt. Oh well. Returns to beer*


Crossed Purposes:Dec.2000

Post 620

Kes



Just "Kes" is fine Kasia - I'm off duty in here! Mmmm - oysters!

The purple, I think Dragonfly.

Any chance of a beer? Haven't had an smiley - ale in hours!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more