A Conversation for Project: USA - Birth of a Nation

sub-edits are done!

Post 1

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

woo hoo! I was going to post a note to the uni mailing list, but I got de-subscribed. So, hopefully y'all will see this -- please let me know when/if you do. Anyways, I've created entries with the edited versions of the entries -- you can do the test page thing and get the GuideML that way, and then do the cut and paste thing.

A538986 subedit - Seeds of the American Revolution
A538977 subedit - The Declaration of Indpendence
A538968 subedit - The Constitution of the United States of America A538959 subedit - The Journeys of the Declaration of Independence A538940 subedit - Benjamin Franklin

Let me know if there's any problems or whatnot.

smiley - smiley
Mikey


sub-edits are done!

Post 2

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

Thank you very much, Mikey. I'd already updated the other two when they were ready, and now I've taken care of the Constitution article as well. I'll go drag Jimi's attention to this thread now, and hopefully we can finally get this one out of the University.

There's another project in the works very much like this one, on the topic of the Revolution, with the same pair of writers involved. Interested in subbing it?


sub-edits are done!

Post 3

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

Colonel --

Jimi X already knows -- I posted a note to his user space, and heard back from him yesterday. Yup, would be more than willing to do the American Revolution ones as well. American history is one of those areas I've always been sorely deficient in, so this gives me an easy way of boning up.

smiley - smiley
Mikey


sub-edits are done!

Post 4

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

And Jimi has notified me that he has uploaded his changes. Omigod!! Does that mean that this thing is finally finished? smiley - yawn

I'm glad that you enjoy working on these, and I hope you're able to learn a few things here. There are two reasons why I started on these projects. First, we were in the middle of the election, and I was so disgusted by the whole process and everyone involved that I was drifting back to the history of the country, back to where it all began, in an effort to figure out why and how it all went so horribly wrong. Some of this kind of thing was coming up in conversations on H2G2, and I was appalled at some of the hopelessly ignorant things some Brits were saying about that era in history. That was when I decided to fill that gap in the Guide.

And I'm very glad to have a Brit on board as a subeditor. If Jimi and I fail to keep our tones balanced and impartial, I expect you'll let us know. smiley - winkeye


Guernsey

Post 5

Paul Johnson

Sorry to butt in, but whats happening to my Guernsey article? A few days ago you suggested some additions, which I've done. What happens now?

Paul.


sub-edits are done!

Post 6

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

Actually, I'm also a yank -- born in Memphis, grew up in Chicago, went to school in Texas, and live in Seattle now.

smiley - smiley
Mikey


sub-edits are done!

Post 7

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

I don't know why I assumed you're a Brit... and your extension for the NW US group makes it pretty damned obvious... it seems I've found a new way to be an idiot, I guess. smiley - tongueout


sub-edits are done!

Post 8

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

it was probably because I admitted to having considerable gaps in my knowledge of American history. smiley - smiley I always enjoyed the history classes that focused in-depth on one little topic (i.e., Colonial America to 1650, or Religions in America, or the Cold War), but was never able to pay attention in those general survey classes. I still can't remember the dates for *any* of the wars......

smiley - smiley
Mikey


sub-edits are done!

Post 9

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

I think I was operating on the assumption that you were British all the way back to when we were talking at the University group. I don't know what it was you said there that made me think that, but there it is.

Come to think of it, it wasn't very long ago that I added the NW US group to the list of clubs, with you as its director (I believe the term I used was "tree hugger" smiley - winkeye)...


Key: Complain about this post