A Conversation for THE H2G2 HI FI CLUB ROOMS

Can I join?

Post 1

Evil Zombie Strider

I'm throwing myself into the stereophonic mayhem.

-Strider smiley - footprints


Can I join?

Post 2

SPINY (aka Ship's Cook)

Hello Strider Hello

or, in mono:

Hello Strider!

Welcome aboard. There's not much activity here these days, and I don't get online much any more, but if you want to pick up the ball and run with it, feel free.

Spiny.


Can I join?

Post 3

Evil Zombie Strider

Thanks!

I'll probably end up picking up the ball and crawling with it. smiley - biggrin

smiley - footprints


Help needed!

Post 4

Quad_Steve

Hi Folks...
Not sure if there's anyone out there listening but, I've got a couple of questions that one or two of you might be able to help me with.
I've just got hold of a mint condition Quad II amp with it's original valves. I don't have any documentation and appear to be missing the fuseholder cap and the voltage selector pin. I don't know if it works and believe it has stood idle for at least 15 years.
I'm waiting for a Quad 22 stereo pre-amp to arrive and can then start to test the Quad II to see if it still works.
Does anyone know of a supplier of Quad II spare parts, in particular, the items Ive mentioned. I'll also be on the look out for a mains cable so I can use the amp with a modern pre-amp.
Any recommendations for a preamp/cd/speaker system to use with a pair(I hope to get another one soon) of Quad II's?
I've been offered a second hand EAR 834L Pre-amp for £450.
Would this be a bit over the top for a pair of Quad II's?
Also, How do you go about changing the Quad II to work with a set of modern 8ohm speakers?

Any help or recommendations will be gratefully accepted.
Cheers
Steve


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more