A Conversation for 24-Seven - The H2G2 Space Centre Convenience Store

24-7

Post 21

Witty Moniker

*places the self-serve sign behind the counter, puts on a fresh apron and gets herself a cuppa Kona*


24-7

Post 22

ox


Hi, Witty, the store looks great! Of course I'll have a coffee, but say...do you sell lottery tickets?


24-7

Post 23

Witty Moniker

Hi, ox. Thanks for stopping in.

Gee, I never thought of lottery tickets. I should submit an application to become a vendor.

*thinks... I wonder where the lottery office is*


24-7

Post 24

Afgncaap5

You know, I've never thought about that. Does h2g2 have a lottery office?


24-7

Post 25

Witty Moniker

Hi, Affi.

A lottery could open a real can of worms, I think. Unless the researcher running it went to great pains to keep it obviously "virtual".

Coffee?


24-7

Post 26

Afgncaap5

Okay. Put it on my limitless tab.smiley - smiley

*Wonders if buying something that's free when it's always free anyway makes it cost something. Decides that it probably doesn't*


24-7

Post 27

Witty Moniker

*pours Kona coffee for Affi*

I assume you want the good stuff? Not that the other choices aren't good, if you have a taste for that sort of thing.


24-7

Post 28

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

*Burrrrp* I agree!


24-7

Post 29

Witty Moniker

*holds up the pot of Burnt coffee*

Refill, Peet?


24-7

Post 30

Witty Moniker

*hangs up apron on hook behind counter*


Self Service


24-7

Post 31

Afgncaap5

*Drinks the hot coffee*

Thanks, and good bye!

*Checks watch*

Well, it's probably time I left as well. Bye-bye, all.

*Pushes a few buttons on his watch and teleports away*


24-7

Post 32

Witty Moniker

*comes in with a box of fresh doughnuts from Joanna*

*puts sign back behind the counter, puts on apron, and starts arranging the doughnuts in the display case*

*gets a cuppa Kona and sits down behind the counter*


24-7

Post 33

Afgncaap5

*Comes in the front door*

G'Mornin.


24-7

Post 34

Witty Moniker

Good to see you, Affi!

What's your pleasure?


24-7

Post 35

Afgncaap5

Well, I usually drink phlog or a Usual from the Aroma Cafe. I don't suppose you'd have any phlog, would you?


24-7

Post 36

Witty Moniker

From what I've picked up on recently, phlog is a non-alcoholic drink that originated in the ZORK world. I've never played that game. Since I have absolutely no idea what the ingredients are, I'm at a loss to make one.

Do you have a recipe, or a source I can order it from?

As for your Aroma Cafe usual, I won't attempt to compete with Irv.


24-7

Post 37

Afgncaap5

*Sighs*

To tell you the truth, I don't really know what the ingredients to phlog are, either. There's no real record as to the drinks origins or recipe (believe me, I've looked in all of the games, books, maps, stories, manuals, and websites based on Zork) and can find only one real reference to it.

Anyway, because of what phlog does to the people who drink it, it probably shouldn't be served in a 24-7. It's too dangerous for non-magical/supernatural entities to drink.


24-7

Post 38

Witty Moniker

Perhaps it's just as well, then. I can't be phlogging my customers. smiley - winkeye I like to run a tidy establishment.


24-7

Post 39

Witty Moniker

But, Affi, do let me know the results of the tests of that ~Spiffy~ concoction Odra came up with at the Celery/Webjello party. That might have some potential.


24-7

Post 40

AEndr, The Mad Hatter

*Ændr arrives with a cave lion by her side*


Key: Complain about this post