A Conversation for Diving in Malta

Peer Review: A3859464 - Diving in Malta

Post 1

binkythedog

Entry: Diving in Malta - A3859464
Author: binkythedog - U1466362

Hello, here's entry number 3 and my 2nd on diving. I've taken your feedback on board from my previous entries, but once again anything you have to make this better would be appreciated.

Thanks


A3859464 - Diving in Malta

Post 2

U1250369

You're very good. Were you, or are you in the travel industry ?

I never knew you could dive in Malta.

To be honest, and maybe a little cruel, I thought only the elderly visited Maltasmiley - erm


A3859464 - Diving in Malta

Post 3

binkythedog

Hiya

I'm not in the travel industry, I just like travelling and diving!

And there have been quite a few elderly people in Malta on holiday while I've been there!

Cheers

Binky


A3859464 - Diving in Malta

Post 4

U1250369

Hi Binky,

Thanks for that !

You have opened my eyes. I have always wanted to visit Malta - churches/architecture/history etc.

But I thought it wouldn't go down well with the younger members of my family.

Time for a rethink.....

Cheers

Chips


A3859464 - Diving in Malta

Post 5

binkythedog

Hi

No problem. Malta is a good place to go, but it does have drawbacks. It's pretty scruffy and, without incurring the wrath of the Maltese, there's a certain element of impoliteness. It's almost as if they are doing you a favour by letting you visit their country, when actually it really is the other way round. It's a bit of a generalisation, but it is the oevrall impression you get.

I was hoping that by joining the EU attitudes would change, but they don't seem to have. At one point I was planning on living there, but there are elements of corruption and there is an overbearing amount of bureacracy that you have to face.

But if you can see past the smoking, stinking lump of a landfill called Maghtab that's probably leaking all manner of chemicals into the sea, and see past the creaking infrastructure, you'll have a great time.

Malta is a nice place, it just has very serious problems for a country so small.

Cheers

Binky


A3859464 - Diving in Malta

Post 6

U1250369

Hi Binky,

Very informative, thank you very much.

Just been to get a brochure this afternoon

Cheers,

Chips


A3859464 - Diving in Malta

Post 7

binkythedog

Well whatever you do, try and avoid Bugibba


A3859464 - Diving in Malta

Post 8

Demon Drawer

Very good entry never was able to sample the diving experience on my visits to Malta but I can assume it would be a great place to do it judging by the water condistions.

Excellent entry.


A3859464 - Diving in Malta

Post 9

U1250369

Thanks for the tip Binky, avoid B at all costs !!

smiley - biggrin


A3859464 - Diving in Malta

Post 10

Scandrea

Are there any dive spots that one should avoid, due to tricky currents or live ammunition?


A3859464 - Diving in Malta

Post 11

U1250369

Blinky will know


A3859464 - Diving in Malta

Post 12

binkythedog

Hello

I don't think you need to worry about live ammunition. I know there are loads of war wrecks, but unless you really are out to discover a new wreck, it's never going to be a major concern.

And Malta is a series of islands, in the middle of the med, so currents can change. No dive site should be avoided. If you are thinking of diving unguided then you should have advanced open water or equivalent at least. If you are uncertain, book some guided dives with a dive school like www.diveintomalta.com


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 13

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've therefore moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 14

Mort - a middle aged Girl Interrupted

smiley - bubbly Congratulations!


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 15

U1250369

Well done Binky smiley - cracker


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 16

binkythedog

Ta!! Must crack on with some more now. Where does time go?


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 17

SchrEck Inc.

Hi Binky,

I've been given your excellent entry to subedit, and the result is at A4080485. If you spot anything that needs attention, please drop me a note. smiley - bigeyes

SchrEck Inc.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Diving in Malta

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more