A Conversation for Anti-Ironing of Clothes Campaign

Anti-ironing campaign

Post 1

Bigalibi (Muse of Antiquated Swimming Strokes & MuG)

As an ardent anti-ironer, I couldn't agree more with the eco-sentiments of this campaign. Not only that, but being a single male home-owner, I am genetically disposed to being rubbish at ironing. The result of this is that on the rare occasions when I do iron, the clothes have just as many wrinkles, only now they are all very clearly defined and far more obtrusive than natural organic wrinkles.
The usual excuse I use (sorry, reason that I use) is that the shirt is fine, it's the skin underneath that's all wrinkly.
Any other good reasonexcuses (new word) should be brought forward so that we have a bank of explanations for when the unenlightened ironing slaves try to put us down for being avant-garde.
Wear organic clothing! Let your shirt have more wrinkles than your granny's smiling face! Lack of power to the iron!

%bigA%


Anti-ironing campaign

Post 2

Ming Mang

Aha!! Excellent!! You are in agreeance! smiley - smiley
Hmmmm... reasonexcuses (like the word)... that's a good idea. Cheers bigA! smiley - biggrin I might do something about that eventually... smiley - winkeyesmiley - smiley

¦M¦


Anti-ironing campaign

Post 3

Deidzoeb

Other wasteful and superfluous activities of Western culture are silverware and lawn care products. Shouldn't we have "starving people care," or even "health care" for all humans before devoting any money at all to stupid LAWN care? And imagine all the money saved and resources devoted to the good of all humanity if no one ever made silverware, forks, knives, spoons, plastic utensils, ever again. Imagine what the factories could be used for, what the extra steel and plastic could be made into instead of dumb silverware. You eat burgers and fries with your hands. You eat chicken with your hands. So why do you spend money on these unnecessary little tools to keep your hands clean, when you still have to wash your hands before and after eating anyhow? Makes no darn sense.

The anti-ironing campaign fits in with the campaign I had started a while back: Relinquish Your Spoons And Bourgeois Lawnmowers (or R.Y.S.A.B.L.)

Together we can make the world a better place by letting our lawns grow, eating with our fingers, and leaving clothes wrinkled!

Plus I never really got the hang of how to get shirt-cuffs really crisp...


Anti-ironing campaign

Post 4

Ming Mang

Sounds like absolute sense. smiley - biggrin Logical and lazy. Brilliant! smiley - winkeyesmiley - biggrin

*would relinquish both her spoon and lawnmower, but her parents would be very pset if all spoons went missing, and she doesn't own a lawnmower... smiley - winkeye*

¦M¦


Anti-ironing campaign

Post 5

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Ironing?
Never owned an Iron,
Never used an iron,
I have no clothes that have ever been ironed.
My father doesn't iron clothes.
My father doesn't own an iron.
I am plesed to have (just) reached the age of 25 without ever owning an iorn, using an iron or wearing an ironed piece of clothing..
Altough, our cat sits on any piles of just washed clothes, and that helps smoothen htem out to an extent...


Anti-ironing campaign

Post 6

Ming Mang

smiley - ok
Good for you, 2legs! smiley - biggrin

I wish I could make similar claims, but alas, it is not so...

¦M¦


Anti-ironing campaign

Post 7

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

What!/? you have used an iron!? smiley - yikessmiley - smiley ironing is bad... knifes and spoons and eating utensils like that are evil... aside i never could get the hang of using a knife and foulk... let alonw how to spel them... smiley - winkeye


Anti-ironing campaign

Post 8

Ming Mang

I have used an iron, yes. Blame my mother.

¦M¦


Anti-ironing campaign

Post 9

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - laugh I've just never had the need yet I guess... Maybe when I get a job or something... smiley - yikessmiley - smiley


Anti-ironing campaign

Post 10

Ming Mang

Ick, jobs... I need one right now an' all... *sigh* Yay, peeling potatoes... smiley - erm

¦M¦


Anti-ironing campaign

Post 11

Ed

You know, a trick I was told once is if you fold your washing while they are still wet, you don't have to iron them. smiley - smiley


Anti-ironing campaign

Post 12

Ming Mang

Really? Doesn't it get mildew and never really dry?

¦M¦


Anti-ironing campaign

Post 13

Ed

erm, I suspect not, I haven't tried it myself.
Come to think of it, maybe that does happen.
Oh well I dunno smiley - smiley
Just ignore me.


Anti-ironing campaign

Post 14

Ming Mang

No no, I'm not going to ignore you. smiley - winkeye

¦M¦


Key: Complain about this post