A Conversation for Fantasy Krikkit 2008 - Final League Tables

FK: Twenty20 Cup

Post 1

Skankyrich [?]

It's been an interesting start to the Twenty20 Cup this year, with plenty of the top players in the longer forms being rested for the slogfest. The Over and Outs seem relatively unaffected, scoring almost 700 points to win the Northern Division by a nose from RSH, but the real stars were Jules' Kronies. Their total of 735 would be respectable for a Championship week, and easily took care of Jules's rivals in the Southern Division.

The Kronies will take on New Pork Hankies in the next round, while AndyG's boys take on Organcheese. Taking advantage of the regional heats, Organcheese won a woeful Australasian Division with a total that wouldn't have been good enough for second in any of the other groups, and they'll have to improve considerably to progress to the final.

Transfer news:

Bermudan Women's etc. etc: Hodnett and Chappell out, Lucas and Jefferson in.
Organcheese: Magoffin out, Palladino in.
Jules' Kronies: Harris out, Lewis in.


FK: Twenty20 Cup

Post 2

JulesK

smiley - starsmiley - oksmiley - star


FK: Twenty20 Cup

Post 3

Mu Beta

I take it that any 20-20 points that my players are now earning are worthless to me. smiley - sadface

B


FK: Twenty20 Cup

Post 4

Skankyrich [?]

I'm afraid so.

In the quickest of updates, Organcheese edged a tight semi with the Over and Outs, while the New Pork Hankies triumphed over Jules' Kronies.

Organcheese will meet NPH in the final, while the Kronies meet O&O in the third place play-off.

A couple of transfers this week, but I don't have time to update them. Sorry!


FK: Twenty20 Cup

Post 5

Skankyrich [?]

We have a winner!

A hopelessly low-scoring final saw Demon Drawer's New Pork Hankies overcome Organcheese by the sort of margin that will have Trout checking the scorecards. Just three points separated the two, but that won't matter to DD, who pockets a cool £5m for his efforts.

Third place goes to AndyG, who had a great week and comfortably overcame JulesK.

The time available for 'free' transfers has now expired, so please check your team lists in case I've missed anyone. All transfers for the rest of the season must be one of your three for the season.

Well done, DD! smiley - bubbly


FK: Twenty20 Cup

Post 6

Trout Montague

B*llocks. Beating AndyG took the wind out of Joe Denly's sails.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more