A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

109Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1461

Pastey

Things I learned today: The Irwell Sculpture Trail is *NOT* cyclable.

At some places it was barely walkable.

Next time I plan a long cycle ride, I'm just going to stick to roads. Preferable flat ones.


109Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1462

minichessemouse - Ahoy there me barnacle!

[Minismiley - mouse ]


109Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1463

Bluebottle

Not cyclable, eh? Sounds like you had funsmiley - yikes

Back at work again – still no water, toilets or lifts in the building and we have hammering, drilling and assorted other loud noises – but fortunately the 14 people in our office have been given 6 pairs of ear muffs to share between us.

<BB<


109Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1464

Tavaron da Quirm - Arts Editor

smiley - laughsmiley - cheerup that doesn't sound good


109Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1465

Mol - on the new tablet

That's not even protecting one ear each!

Mol


109Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1466

Mol - on the new tablet

smiley - erm I didn't intend that comment to have a tumbleweed effect, sorry.

We did the back to school shopping today. Joy.

Mol


109Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1467

Todaymueller

I made quantities of chilli jam yesterday. mmmm
smiley - doctorHad a visit to the fracture clinic during the week, they are going to keep the weight off of my leg for another month eek ! this is dragging on. No sign of being able to drive in the next couple of months and he said it would be a year until I was fully recovered. Stupid broken leg.


109Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1468

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Hello world. Matina, would you do up a nice lot of cinnamon buns, please? And some tea.

Sorry for the long absence, but my health really took a dive. I wasn't expecting it, which was probably silly of me, given my overall condition, but there you are. You never expect to break a leg either, or have your car break down in the wilderness, or be pecked to death by malignant toucans.

I'm still very tired and I lack ambition, but the latest round of antibiotics is doing its thing.

SiO2, it sounds as if you're wearing very comfortable slippers!

So Pastey is attempting impassable trails, Bluebottle is still enduring horrid working conditions, Tod is laid up, Moni has a new baby and therefore isn't sleeping very much... what is everyone else doing?

I'm building a Queen Anne house in 3D, transitional Victorian/Craftsman, a real folly with turrets and a mansard roof. I guess it's the equivalent to making a model of Buckingham palace out of popsicle sticks -- one doesn't think about the plumbing and electrical conduits, one just makes the building. Elysium House could conceivably be used by gamers once I'm done, though.


109Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1469

SiliconDioxide

I'm wearing felted slippers with bells (of course). The bells are tiny and purely decorative, although my children complain about the noise they make.

Sorry to hear about your health blip.I hope things are improving.


109Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1470

Santragenius V

Glad to hear from you Lil and that you seem to be mending. Bummer with the healing delay, Tod - might smiley - tea and smiley - moonsmiley - moon help just a bit?


109Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1471

Florida Sailor All is well with the world

I have been overly involved with my impulsive idea to attend the next h2g2 mini meet.

This will start with an 8 1/2 hour direct fight, and culminate with almost 13 hours for the return (with a 2 hour layover in Philadelphia).

I have wanted to visit London and the Historic Dockyard in Portsmouth for most of my adult life.

I have 10 days blocked out for the trip, 4 days in central London, 4 nights in Portsmouth and one night in a hotel hear Heathrow (Staines).

At my age and resources this might well be my last great adventure, but you never knowsmiley - shrug

I am hopeful I will get to meet several good friends along the waysmiley - cheers


perhaps a smiley - tea and scones to get me ready, or a smiley - pggb to prepare for the traumasmiley - yikes

I will pack my smiley - towel

F smiley - dolphin S


109Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1472

Bluebottle

Sounds a good plan to me, Fsmiley - dolphinS.
I'd recommend that you pop into a tourist information office - some attractions in Portsmouth you can get discounted entry for if you pick up a 'Defence of the Realm' leaflet (though not the most-wanted to visit ones).

The latest in the work situation is that we now have a working toilet in our building - on the second floor - but we still can't get to it, even by the stairs (the lift has been out of order for almost 4 weeks now). They've locked off the corridor that leads to it for 'essential flooring services', which I think means that they're laying a new carpet. Not that the 2nd floor's carpet was the horribly stained one (which is the one on our floor).

Oh well...

<BB<


109Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1473

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

Camping is a lot of fun, but there's nothing quite like that first shower after getting home!


109Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1474

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

FS, we will expect you to take lots of pictures and to be seen in meet photos!

Bluebottle, your work situation sounds more and more like something from a Tom Holt novel.

God a'mighty, the OTHER demented woman from across the hall has decided to invade and take over my room mate's hair care. She is extremely bolshy, too.


109Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1475

minichessemouse - Ahoy there me barnacle!

Why must my tiny alarm clock be set to 5am, with no snooze button?

Lil it doesn't sound like much fun.


109Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1476

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

I don't think I ever want to pay another car off. Paid off my current car in December. The transmission died yesterday, no indications that anything was wrong either. The repair is going to cost almost half of what the car is worth.


109Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1477

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

*Breezes in*

Hallo! How are we all? I'm as I usually am... working, musicking, gaming. Currently in a league for a two-player boardgame called Twilight Struggle, in which the Cold War is abstractly recreated. It's kind of surreal as I'm the only one in the league old enough to actually remember the Cold War.

Oh! Yes! I had a date the other week! It went rather well... we're planning our second date (but she's having surgery next week so it'll be a while). smiley - biggrin

Earl Grey and a cinnamon role please, Matina.


109Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1478

Bald Bloke

*ning all
Heading North to Manchester in preparation for Pastey's Birthday do ...


Bad luck with the car GDZ, I assume from the costs it must be an automatic, that's one reason I stick to manual.

[BB]


109Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1479

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

IT is indeed an automatic BB. The really weird ting about this is that I'm not angry about it.


109Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1480

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

*presses a button to lower the cross-beam in the first t*


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more