A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

A flip-flop to Lib-Lab?

Post 121

Phil

My goodness. I've just watched the ding dong between Alistair Campbell (previously Labour party spin doctor in chief) and Adam Boulton (Sky News head political reporter). Quite funny to see someone stick it to the Murdoch owned broadcaster where it hurts. Kind of like when the Independent ran the poster advert - Rupert Murdoch won't decide this election. You will - and had one of the Murdoch clan and the chief exec of News International going round to have a word with the Indys editor ( http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/apr/22/james-murdoch-independent-dodge-city )


A flip-flop to Lib-Lab?

Post 122

FG

Rupert Murdoch unfortunately has a lot of sway over our elections too.

So, any ideas as to the new PM?


A flip-flop to Lib-Lab?

Post 123

Sol

It'll be Milliband, won't it? Looks a bit like our Tony, but not quite as smiley.


A flip-flop to Lib-Lab?

Post 124

Mrs Zen

He looks to me as if his face has had a whirlpool swirl added to it in photoshop.


A flip-flop to Lib-Lab?

Post 125

Sol

Here he is (it is David who is tipped, isn't it?).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Miliband


A flip-flop to Lib-Lab?

Post 126

Mrs Zen

Yeah. See what I mean? One of the most lopsided faces in politics. Presumably there's just the one of it?


A flip-flop to Lib-Lab?

Post 127

Sol

The brother's cuter http://i.thisislondon.co.uk/i/pix/galleries/showbiz/agestupid/ed-milliband.jpg

but clearly he doesn't have the ears for being a PM.

This is fun. How superficial can we be?


A flip-flop to Lib-Lab?

Post 128

Kerr_Avon - hunting stray apostrophes and gutting poorly parsed sentences

Rumour has it both the Milibands might stand. Which could be interesting. I still thing they both look about 12, though.

smiley - ale


A flip-flop to Lib-Lab?

Post 129

Sol

Actually, I was relieved to find they are both older than me. Just.


A flip-flop to Lib-Lab?

Post 130

Kerr_Avon - hunting stray apostrophes and gutting poorly parsed sentences

Apparently Lib MP Andy Burnham "said it could be perceived as bad for democracy if we are not listening to what the public have very clearly said."

And there's me thinking the reason we're in this position is because the public haven't said anything very clearly...

smiley - ale


A flip-flop to Lib-Lab?

Post 131

Mrs Zen

We were clearly mumbling though.


A flip-flop to Lib-Lab?

Post 132

Sol

I do think the most enjoyable aspect of this election is listening to the politicians trying to justify their position.


A flip-flop to Lib-Lab?

Post 133

Phil

That'll be Labour MP (Leigh) and Minister for Health Andy Burnham


A flip-flop to Lib-Lab?

Post 134

Mrs Zen

>> I do think the most enjoyable aspect of this election is listening to the politicians trying to justify their position.

And their existence. smiley - devil


A flip-flop to Lib-Lab?

Post 135

Bald Bloke

smiley - devil

Maybe we should do this more often.

smiley - devil

Having a hung parliament certainly makes uk politics much more interesting.

Despite being a party member, I am firmly of the belief that candidates are elected to represent their constituency first and party second and I reserve the right to vote for another parties candidate if they are a better choice for this area than one selected by the party I am a member of.


A flip-flop to Lib-Lab?

Post 136

Bald Bloke

Ben

I don't think we were mumbling, we collectively told all of them clearly that we were not going to give any of them what they wanted.


A flip-flop to Lib-Lab?

Post 137

Mrs Zen

Sort of:

"mutter mumble mutter mumble mutter ... smiley - bleep OFF!" ?


A flip-flop to Lib-Lab?

Post 138

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

Ha! I've been getting them the wrong way around all this time...


A flip-flop to Lib-Lab?

Post 139

Z

I thought like Dimblebys they were pretty much interchangeable.


A flip-flop to Lib-Lab?

Post 140

Todaymueller

You don't see that very often smiley - winkeye Good speech Gordon.


Key: Complain about this post