A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

9DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 41

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

[Amy P]


9DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 42

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Oh, might as wellsmiley - silly


9DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 43

David B - Singing Librarian Owl

Happy birthday to both mags and d'E!

smiley - giftsmiley - gift - a year's supply each of automatic renewals of all library books or any other related items. [Disclaimer - may potentially not work outside the environs of the Learning Centre of Farce, but as we appear to be trying to take over the world, that won't be a problem soon]


9DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 44

Titania (gone for lunch)

smiley - run *pants*


9DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 45

Titania (gone for lunch)

Happy birthday Mags & d'E!smiley - bubbly


9DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 46

Sol

Third LED! Yay!

Happy Birthday, Mags and d'E!

Here's an automatic dog walker, d'E, somewhat improved from the Wallace and Grommit version. Don't press the orange button.

And for Mags there's a childwalker... sorry, roborteacher, who has enough juice for one or two sessions a month for life if you oil him properly. Guarenteed to know everything about everything and he's a wizz at creative field trips too. Put your feet up. Don't press the orange button.


9DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 47

Witty Moniker

*Sags into a corner of one of the sofas.*

Just caught up on over 200 posts of backlog. I am so sorry I haven't contributed much to the conversation lately. I am struggling with time management, still adjusting to working full time. That said, I've read it all and be assured that I laughed, cried and nodded my head lots while absorbing at all.

*Tosses a backlog on the fire.*

Hyp, I am so sorry about Annie smiley - dog. I knew she was an old gal, but I was not expecting her to pass so suddenly. smiley - cuddle


9DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 48

minichessemouse - Ahoy there me barnacle!

Runes, I feel your pain with the whole Lab report thing. I just handed mine in today. Such a relief.

Happy birthday to Mags and d'elephant smiley - giftsmiley - gift You each have 48 hours of peace and quiet, use them as you wish.

minismiley - mouse


9DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 49

FG

::helps herself to a piece of cake::


9DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 50

Z

There were loads of things I intended to do tonight, but I ended up taking a 2 hour train ride to visit an ex minion and help her with her job application for specialist training.

She was one of the best Dr's I have ever met, she took 4 years out after she graduated to bring up her kid, and then decided to come back. She spend ages decided whether to do hospital medicine (which she'd be fantastic at) or just work part time. She really wanted to come back to hospital medicine - but her husband was *ahem* less than supportive. He thinks most women who combine medicine with motherhood end up being bad doctors and bad mothers.

Anyway she's 'now applying for training in hospital medicine. We spent all evening thinking of examples of times that she'd done 'x' well, for her job application. I think she's finally starting to believe in her self.

Me thinks a job well done.


9DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 51

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

Sounds to me like you *did* do loads of things, Dr Z. smiley - smiley


9DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 52

Runescribe

So presumably your friend's husband also thinks that most men who combine medicine with fatherhood end up being bad doctors and bad fathers, too, Dr Z?

Sorry, I shouldn't stir up trouble, but this particular double standard really gets on my nerves. I quite agree that it's hard to combine the roles of full-time worker and primary caregiver. I just resent the synonymity between 'primary caregiver' and 'mother'.
I resent it particularly because I would go stark staring mad trying to be a primary caregiver. My young gentleman and I have an agreement that, should parenthood occur, he's being 'mother' as soon as the kids are weaned, and I shall go out to work and give them baths of an evening and be happy and fulfilled in my 'father'-hood.


9DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 53

Lentilla (Keeper of Non-Sequiturs)

Whups, sorry - missed the last LED on the last thread... and now here we are. I will look very bulbous in mohair pants.

So sorry to hear about little Annie smiley - dog. She sounded like a sweet puppy...

I'm back from vacation and a brief bout of kitchen renovation. Not very sweeping renovation, mind you - just replacing some very useless drawers with big wooden shelves, upon which I will put colorful baskets. At least that's the plan. Right now we're realizing that the shelves we so carefully cut out are exactly the same size as the hole, so we're in the 'couch in the stairwell' dilemna.

Every year I think briefly about cards, then realize that there's no way I'm going to have seventy-eleven cards ready in time to send out so they'll get there before Xmas. Way too much work for that.

I do have to admit that I've kept every single card, including Xmas cards, that I've ever gotten. They go into a big decorative box. I don't know what I'll do when I fill up the box - I guess I'll throw them out and start over. Or make a giant Xmas collage with the bits.

> My VW Bug almost didn't want to start this morning. I don't blame her. Thank goodness for wool sweaters, socks, hats and scarves--now if only someone made a wool car cover.

FG, try a light bulb under the hood. It has to be on, and plugged in, of course, but the warmth of the bulb is usually enough.

> He thinks most women who combine medicine with motherhood end up being bad doctors and bad mothers.

Whereas a man who combines medicine with fatherhood is the paragon of parenting and the pride of the medical profession? smiley - grr Don't get me started.


9DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 54

V

condolences on Annie's passing

Happy Birthday smiley - gift & smiley - gift


9DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 55

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*sees V is online and waves to the eyeballs*

I think I'll make us some hot chocolate. Anybody want some?


9DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 56

V

Yes, please! I've been enjoying a few links that I had skipped over.

*waves to MC*


9DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 57

V

Lentilla smiley - goodluck with the shelves! It sounds like a lovely addition.


9DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 58

V

Would you like to borrow a sledge hammer to set them? smiley - smiley


9DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 59

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

We have a Christmas Tree.


9DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 60

marvthegrate LtG KEA

What a weird night of bowling... My scores were all over the place, 134-195-177, but it sure felt like it was worse than the result. I think that the residual stress of the last week or so was playing havoc with my concentration.

In other news, I am going to be in a videogame soon. Any day now. Who the hell knows when... My paintball team is going to be in a new game that is supposed to come out some time, but the developer had this to say: "For all the people who ask me when the release date for the game is, I tell them, "The day after it's perfect." "


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more