A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

7BXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2101

Hypatia

Another workday coming up. This afternoon we have demonstrations on weaving and basketmaking as part of our 18th century craft series.

I got a phone call late yesterday evening telling me that one of the vendors at the Farmer's Market has given us a 'truck full' of geraniums and other annuals for our planters. The thing is, we no longer have the planters. There is a building standing in that location. So, I'm going to see if any of them will go in the rock garden. And I have no idea what they mean by a 'truck full'. smiley - yikes Or what condition they're in. Or if I could spirit a couple of them home with me.

I desperately need to work in my yard. So naturally we have rain forecast for the next 3 days. Around here that doesn't mean a whole lot. The weather forecasters are wrong more often than they are right. What a job. Put out wrong information all the time and not get fired.


7BXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2102

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

Can you have a plant sale to raise funds for something else, Hyp? An extra rock, perhaps smiley - evilgrin.

The weather here has turned cooler but I might still go to the seaside on Wednesday or Thursday if I don't get any w*rk.

There's a part-time maffs teaching job at a really nice school advertised in the teaching press this week and I'm trying to decide if I want to apply. It's a 0.4 post, which would fit in with the university teaching nicely, and it is a really nice school - I did a bit of woodwork teaching for the school earlier in the year - but then I'd be committed to w*rking on set days each week instead of being able to skive off when I want to. On the other claw, it means my income won't be so precarious. On the third claw, I won't get to teach lots of different subjects like I have since Christmas and some of my regular clients might start to forget about me. But on the fourth claw I won't be struggling through the wind and rain trying to hold on to a bus map and an A to Z.

I think I'll stop there before I run out of claws smiley - winkeye.

Talking of claws, I've painted the claws on my back feet an amazing turquoisey-blue called Jelly Bean smiley - silly. And I'm wearing orange flip-flops smiley - cool.


7BXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2103

Bagpuss

Thanks, Z. Finding the source is always better than going by what newspapers report. I agree that the link between poverty and cancer should concern us more, but it's hardly a surprise; poverty makes you more likely to do any number of things, from catch diseases to wind up in prison. smiley - sadface

Amy - isn't "jelly bean" a bit of a vague name for a colour. Last time I got jelly beans they were several different colours. Are there others in the range called "snooker ball" and "felt-tip pen"?

What's a 0.4 post?


7BXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2104

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*Chloe flashes a bright chartreuse as she passes Amy on her way to deliver fresh towels to the loos*


7BXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2105

logicus tracticus philosophicus

well then hype sell them on ebay ,you can save costs by cutting them back .Vacuming packing or sealed airbags are pretty easy to do with a bicyle pump if you want.


7BXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2106

marvthegrate LtG KEA

[MTG]


7BXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2107

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

[GDZ]


7BXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2108

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Clean cups! Clean cups! F38024?thread=655610
smiley - run


Key: Complain about this post