A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

7BXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2001

Z

Better hope it was the later, you've got more chance of being murdered by your spouse than you have by someone with mental illness.


7BXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2002

Hypatia

Mr. D, I hope you never run into him again. He is definitely spooky.

My score putting me on the Mason-Dixon Line was 55%.

*sending good luck vibes to FG*


7BXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2003

marvthegrate LtG KEA

[MTG Right on the Mason Dixon Line. I know damned well I am below it but it does not account for the intermountain west at all]


7BXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2004

Z

smiley - goodluck to FG..

Awhh to Kat re the blue smiley - tit.

What else..

Ooh the highlights from the previous days shadowing.

The Dr concerned is someone I've known for years, and who I initally thought was an irritating *sh*t*, but actually isn't that bad, and is taking a big risk by being out at work. For which I admire him.

Highlights.

Diagnosising appenditis, a moment of realisation when I realised I knew as much as smiley - doctor did.

Lowlights.

Getting smiley - bleeping ascitic fluid on my shirt.


7BXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2005

Peripatetic Warrior Monk

Sipping Earl Grey


7BXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2006

Bagpuss

39% Definitely a yankee. I had to lie a bit on the "what do you call gym shoes?" question, because I call them "trainers".


7BXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2007

Teuchter

41% (Yankee). Barely in the Yankee category. But - matches Eatsmice and Mr D. Could be that Glasgow thang - I spent 23 yrs there.

The keyboard's been hidden again for most of the day so I've only just caught up with the backlog.

Yaaaay for Kelli's dress smiley - boing

Awww for Kats smiley - tit - have you been watching Bill Oddie's smiley - tits?

*passes Lil a soothing eye-mask

*hands FG smiley - goodluck wishes - and a soothing eye-mask for later

Having measured hands have confirmed that I am, in fact, a peasant with 19cm length and 20cm width.

Mr D - if that happens again, smiley - run like ****.

On a more serious note - and I know this has been the 'elephant in the sitting room' in this thread - I want to put on record my respect and thanks for those who serve in the armed forces. It's not just that they risk making the ultimate sacrifice - it's the smaller sacrifices that they and their families make every single day; the separations from 'normal' family life and the stresses and worries which go along with all that.
My father was just too young for WWII - but he felt strongly that he wanted to do his bit and signed up for twice as long as he needed to for his national service. Mind you, he was in 45 Commando and was having the time of his life.


7BXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2008

David B - Singing Librarian Owl

I hope the blue tit is OK. And that Mr D never sees the unsettling man again.

Apparently I'm a Yankee, but only just. Like so many other Salonistas from this side of the Atlantic, I had to choose random answers for some questions, as my response was simply smiley - erm

David


7BXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2009

marvthegrate LtG KEA

OK, Today does not go down in the win column. It was a long one that is not quite over yet and it was highly stressfull. Here is hoping to tomorrow and Sunday being light days.


7BXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2010

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

Sporky's aunt is an ant? smiley - bigeyes

The last time I was asked who I was looking at was when I was walking from Lime Street station to Albert Dock in Liverpool. It's not an unusual question but to be asked it at 11am on a Sunday was a bit surprising. I only looked round because his girlfriend shrieked. They were both drunk. I skipped merrily on, dodging the pools of puke in the main shopping street smiley - biggrin.

More menacing are the young men who will approach any older female in Leeds and blatantly ask for twenty quid so that they can go clubbing. It's as if they think we're their mothers. I find the best policy is to look up at the CCTV cameras. It's so comforting to see them swivel round to look at you.


7BXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2011

thelostgeographer: off to the States, see my journal for periodic goings-on!

I've never thought of the comforting glow that only can come from a CCTV camera! smiley - biggrin

There's a really nice chap in Headingley though, who sells the Big Issue and we had some discussions about where to go for dinner in Leeds, because he used to go with his grandmother: it'll be strange in Hyde Park next year!


7BXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2012

Rosemary {[(2+2+2)^2]+4+2=42}

38% on the Yankee test-and I am a southerner, with southern pronunciation, as my northern friends (including ex and BF) complain.


7BXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2013

Kat - From H2G2

You're just a freak then Rosemary smiley - tongueoutsmiley - hug

The smiley - tit did eventually gather its wits and fly away reasonably happy, having eaten half a worm I found for it. AND it looked just like the smiley! How wonderful. Thank you for all concern directed towards it. Although...first of all it had just got out of the pond and was looking a bit dead, so dad went near it....it got up and....HOPPED BACK IN THE POND AND TRIED TO SWIM AWAY! I'm not sure if Mother Nature wasn't trying to kill it for being daft! smiley - laugh

Am going to the NEC on Monday smiley - wow I've only been there once before, to see Madness. All these gigs, I know it's awful, especially when I should be doing proper things...or at least not complaining when I feel terrible and then jaunting off to gigs and concerts. Going to see Weezer...

*figures nobody will know who they are, despite being rather popular*

Kat


7BXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2014

FG

Well, I'm back and I'm sure I nattered on like an idiot. I know I ended one answer with the stunningly intelligent qualifier "...and like, you know, stuff." I am a bit worried about the fact the panel stated at the outset they had set aside 45 minutes for the interview, and it only took me 25 minutes to answer their questions (there were 10, printed on a piece of paper set in front of me to follow along and keep my thoughts focused). I really didn't have anything to stretch. The questions were pretty simple: "What e-mail program do you use and how often?" I can't see myself going on for several minutes about e-mail. I'm supposed to know if I got the job by the end of tomorrow. Oh well. Thanks to everyone for their juju.


7BXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2015

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

I drew the smiley - tit.


7BXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2016

Mrs Zen

What an unsettling experience Mr D. Sounds like you handled it just right. One thing I am aware of is that I have no idea which way the cat would jump when push comes to shove - whether I'd be scared or angry, for example.

A swimming blue-tit? Maybe it asked to be a duck last time it died. Maybe it *was* a duck last time it died.

You drew the smiley - tit Amy? Thank you. I spent a couple of hours going through the Community Art pages the other day, and was stunned by the amount of work and the good orderliness of it.

G'night, all.

Ben


7BXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2017

marvthegrate LtG KEA

[MTG]


7BXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2018

Agapanthus

[Ag - has been out acquiring culture]


7BXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2019

Bagpuss

[Bagpuss - has been in watching foreign shows on telly]


7BXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2020

Bald Bloke

Ag hope you put it back before they notice it's missing, and watch out if Z's about you know what doctors are like with culture(s)

Mr D it sounds like your experience was an outstanding example of "lack of care in the community"

[BB]


Key: Complain about this post