A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

Bth Conversation at Lil's

Post 41

Phil

Waits patiently...


Bth Conversation at Lil's

Post 42

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Carbo-loading seems to take a litt--
*Mindspring leaps up and hurls herself at the baby gate, but bounces back*
Springie!!
*Mindspring now heads for the open door to the gallery and Lil shuts the door after her*
*sound of chittering and claws on wood floor*

Well, there goes the parquet. She really wants to go down into the lab, because Affi has some very strange animals loose down there. I don't know whether she has confidence in those claws or whether she thinks all the world will be friends with an unau.


Bth Conversation at Lil's

Post 43

Phil

I'd have thought it was the latter, given the way she lets people pet her.
How's the day going for you then, managed to get much work done?


Bth Conversation at Lil's

Post 44

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

No, not really, cos I didn't get but a couple of hours of sleep.
I've arranged for a company to come out and clean all the air ducting in the house (for a princely sum). I now have a cough again. Possibly the a/c ducts are full of malevolent moulds and stuff that's causing me to have a miserable respiratory life. Something's got to be done.


Bth Conversation at Lil's

Post 45

Phil

Having seen all the dust and other gunk at the a/c outlets in the office, I'd agree that you're probably getting a lot of nasties recycled through the a/c.
Can't say much other than hope you're feeling better soon.


Bth Conversation at Lil's

Post 46

Garius Lupus

Do you have many carpets? My wife and daughter both have allergies and they were waking up in the mornings with stuffy noses and spent the first hour sneezing (mild exageration). We replaced the carpets in those two bedrooms with hardwood, and they are much better. Those rooms seldom need dusting anymore, too. We also wash our sheets every week in hot water (to kill dust mites) and have put impermiable covers on our pillows. We also vaccuum the beds every week when we change sheets. The idea is to have the rooms where they sleep as dust-free as possible, so that their bodies can have a reprieve from fighting off allergens.


Bth Conversation at Lil's

Post 47

Phil

I've also heard that doing stuff like this works (but never really been in a place of my own to do this). The other bit is to keep clean the surfaces where dust collects as well.

Lil, you can have a look at what the Hayward says about the Sonic Boom exhibition I was talking about yesterday. The website address is: [Broken URL removed by Moderator] just some blurb about the artists but might be more interesting than sitting around sneezing and the like smiley - smiley


Bth Conversation at Lil's

Post 48

Irving Washington - Gone Writing

*hangs sign on door*

BEWARE OF THE SLOTH

I've had realtives in wars, but as much of my family came over to the US sometime during the 1900s I don't know what wars my ancestors fought in. I know my maternal grandfather fought in WWII, but he passed on when my mother was young. My dad's dad was a doctor in that war, but stayed in the States. My mother's Uncle was wounded in WWII, captured by the Italians, and fixed up in an Italian hospital in time to see Musillini's disembodied head paraded down the street. My father's mother's grandfather was a spy just before WWI, which is why they were smart enough to get to America just before it broke out. You see, they were Serbians, and they saw the assasination coming...

I celebrated Memorial Day by laying in bed and reading "Red Dragon" by Thomas Harris which has nothing to do with war. I figgured I needed mind candy after finishing off Catch-22 over the weekend.

I hope that some day it *has* been so long since the last one that there are no vets left. I hope that we never have such a terrible war that there are no vets left after it's over...


Bth Conversation at Lil's

Post 49

Garius Lupus

Say Irv, wasn't Catch-22 a book that you had once started, but hadn't finished?

*waits expectantly*


Bth Conversation at Lil's

Post 50

Garius Lupus

Say Irv, wasn't Catch-22 a book that you had once started, but hadn't finished?

*waits expectantly*


Bth Conversation at Lil's

Post 51

Garius Lupus

* ... and impatiently*


Bth Conversation at Lil's

Post 52

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

I thought you had read Catch-22 all the way through, Irv, what with being named after one of the characters.

I think dust and dust mites are a possible culprit, especially as I did no housework for 2 months (only a slight exaggeration), but the ducts haven't been done in 6 years. And this IS Florida. Plus, we have had a major drought with next to no rain all year, so dust and pollen and mould spores are at abnormal levels.

Within 5 minutes of sitting down here at the laptop, in the dining room, I'm beginning to cough. Have the humidifier on full blast to lay the dust.

*sound of joyous chittering and rhythmic clatter from the gallery hall*

Irv, Garius have you seen the Mug Shots yet?


Bth Conversation at Lil's

Post 53

Garius Lupus

Yes, I have seen the mug shots - I posted a comment to that effect on the Cafe thread. I love mine! You captured it just as I imagined it (although I do still have to imagine the stars twinkling impossibly - know how to do animations? smiley - smiley )


Bth Conversation at Lil's

Post 54

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

I'm studying web graphics along with HTML. Of course I could always mail you the higher res copy of your mug: I made a basic template and then have been doing all the mugs at 300 dpi, then reducing the dpi and layering them together on the shelf. Do you want it? You could put it on your user page too, to show you're an Aroma Cafe regular...

I just found the place where all the Germans are hanging out:
http://www.h2g2.com/A292448 . I reckon to go back there later and lurk with a dictionary.

*Mindspring is clawing at the door and meeping*
I think she's worked off a lot of energy. Shall I let her in?


Bth Conversation at Lil's

Post 55

Garius Lupus

Irv - I finally found the post you made:

"I don't think I ever got that far... I never finished the book. Got a good H2G2 nickname out of it, though! "

from a forum on the article on Catch-22. I knew I had seen something like that before! Now I know your secret. And Affy does too, since I told him my thoughts via email. But don't worry - we won't tell. BTW, nice job of self-reference at Risa!


Bth Conversation at Lil's

Post 56

Garius Lupus

Sorry for simulposting, Lil. Yes, I would like a copy. I'll have to find somewhere to host it, though. smiley - sadface And learn how to put it on my page smiley - smiley


Bth Conversation at Lil's

Post 57

Irving Washington - Gone Writing

That sounds like something I would say. I did finally finish Catch-22 though, this last week -- I started over from the begining and whized through it! Now I don't have to blush with shame about my nickname smiley - smiley

Lil, if you could send me a big copy of my mug, I'd put it on my user page, too!

~Irving


Bth Conversation at Lil's

Post 58

The Masque of the Red..., Emperor of Planet X

Is this where I place an order? I'd like a picture of my spaceship.


Bth Conversation at Lil's

Post 59

The Masque of the Red..., Emperor of Planet X

simulpost.


Bth Conversation at Lil's

Post 60

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Red Rejection, while yoiu're welcome to remain with us in this forum and join the conversation, why don't we talk business over here? *beckoning*
http://www.h2g2.com/forumframe.cgi?forum=38024&thread=48487


Key: Complain about this post