A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

6th Conversation at Lil's

Post 21

Courtesy38

Ah reading, a great thing, and also responsible for more lost sleep than anything else in my life smiley - smiley I am a plodding reader, I just spend a lot of time reading, that's how I get through my books.

Oh, and I had to tell some people, I got published in the POST, with my book review.

*sits back with a cup of tea and yet another book*

Courtesy


6th Conversation at Lil's

Post 22

Mike A (snowblind)

Convinently bypasses my post smiley - winkeye

So, now I'm here, anyone wanna summarise the conversation for me please?


6th Conversation at Lil's

Post 23

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

I shot Ampton


6th Conversation at Lil's

Post 24

Garius Lupus

So what is everyone currently reading?

I am rereading the James Herriot books - part way through the second one. Great books, but not quite as good as I remembered ...


6th Conversation at Lil's

Post 25

Garius Lupus

Ooops. Guess I took a while to post that.


6th Conversation at Lil's

Post 26

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Ampton is the purple icicle partway down the corridor on the way to the gallery. MikA, what about lyrics from the LATEST IM?


6th Conversation at Lil's

Post 27

Mike A (snowblind)

I can't find them smiley - sadface. The official site hasn't bothered, and my guess is that Maiden Hell (where I get my lyrics) won't bother until the album comes out on the 29th. Still, I have yet to investigate...

Sex Pistols film, The Filth And The Fury, is out on the 28th. If it's a 15 then I can sneak in smiley - smiley


6th Conversation at Lil's

Post 28

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

The reviews are mixed over here: some critics are saying, "Why do we need another Sex Pistols movie?"

I am now reading the set of short stories by Donaldson, Reave the Just. The second one aout the Djinn is just fantastic, beautifully crafted.


6th Conversation at Lil's

Post 29

Courtesy38

I have just finished the 15th Annual Years Best Science Fiction. I am now taking a detour, a fried of mine recommended some books and I'm giving them a try.

They are based on "Vampires the Masquarade". The book I'm currently reading is a collection of short stories. Pretty straight forward stuff.


6th Conversation at Lil's

Post 30

Irving Washington - Gone Writing

Did you guys ever decide who was being a bad influence on Ampton? I mean, I've seen a malevolent presence on H2G2 -- The Mask of the Red Rejection Letter. He's got evil plans going on in the Space Center, I tell you! Evil plans! And since Affy and Garius are in the Space Center, doesn't it follow that Ampton is, too? I heard Affy mention that he had suspected Ampton of the sabotage that turned out to be the work of the Mask guy, so maybe they're in cahoots?


6th Conversation at Lil's

Post 31

Babel17

Hey Irv, that threw me for a moment.
Thought I was in an old thread.
As far as I am aware we haven't found out much yet, Affy has some ideas though!
Bookwise I am reading Terry Pratchetts 'Hogfather', bought at the weekend because I left to go up north without a book. I had just finished 'Babel-17', again, on Friday!


6th Conversation at Lil's

Post 32

Phil

Current book, a translation of the Mabinogion.
The what you say smiley - winkeye The Mabinogion is a classic bit of medieval welsh literature, though most of the stories go back long before they were given written form (bardic tales and all that). The legends talk of great heros, good kings, fair maidens etc. One of the stories has the first serious mention of Arthur in british literature.
I'd certainly recomend it to anyone who is interested in where some of the fantasy stories and legends come from.


6th Conversation at Lil's

Post 33

Babel17

Sounds good Phil.
Insomnia keeping you awake?


6th Conversation at Lil's

Post 34

Phil

No just doing a `quick' check on the fora before bedtime (after leaving the pub when we got chucked out smiley - bigeyes)
I tend to do a fair bit of reading on the tube these days, about 1/2 hour each way makes for some quality reading time.


6th Conversation at Lil's

Post 35

Babel17

I wish I had the time.
I normally do a bit when I get home from work and then again before retiring for the night (if I haven't spent the time here of course).
I am on Nightshift BTW, so this is me until 8am. Joysmiley - smiley


6th Conversation at Lil's

Post 36

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Ah, city life! I better go refreeze Ampton so he doesn't thaw before Affy and Garius get back to the lab.

I missed Irv!


6th Conversation at Lil's

Post 37

Babel17

Yeah, kind of threw me!
I must email him this week, I just thought of some Roadtrip tunes while I was touring the Highlands at the weekend.


6th Conversation at Lil's

Post 38

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*goes down corridor, unholstering Freezar, And lays an extra coat of permafrost on Ampton*

Bounder! Knave!

*returns to salon and puts Springie back in her cage with some green munchies and fresh water*

It is time for me to turn in. Gnight y'all.


6th Conversation at Lil's

Post 39

Babel17

Night Lil, only another 4 hours to do at the Cafe.
Very slow night.
Courtesy38 is the only person who has been in, apart from yerself.
Ook is asleep in the corner.
Time to try some more HTML I think.
Sleep well, and sweet dreams fair lady!smiley - smiley


6th Conversation at Lil's

Post 40

Mike A (snowblind)

What's this Freezar thing?


Key: Complain about this post